After reading through this thread:
I thought it might be good to have a separate thread for follow-up or questions that we should try to ferret out while at the US previews. There's a lot of good info in the UK preview thread, but given the limited time at these previews, I'm sure not all the questions were answered. So, for the guys that have been at the one of the events where P14 was shown, what questions do you have?
As a disclaimer, I won't be posting any info that I think is overly sensitive and I'm hoping no one else will either. If you'd rather keep your questions off the boards, PM me. If you've got a total 2 posts and your alias is something like CarbuzzReporterThatStalksRIC
you might not get a reply.
I'll keep a running list of questions here:
(1) New IRIS?
(2) Are Apple Carplay and Android Auto supported?
(3) So, this new drift thing, how exactly does one set that up?
(4) New colors you say? Do tell?
(5) What are the differences between the three different tiers (comfort, sport, track)?
(6) How many P14 cars is McLaren expecting to build in 2017? How many in subsequent years?
(7) Any improvements with lift function and speed?
(8) Redline RPM
(10) Which MY for the hybrid? Details on the design of the hybrid system to be used?
(11) Garage door openers / Homelink?
(12) Blind spot detectors?
(13) Will car lower in track mode as P1?
(14) Details on any upgrades to the track cameras and software?
(15) Fuel tank size?
(16) Expected MPG?
I'm sure there's more. And if guys know the answers to some of these, please let us know! If any of these fall in the category of "this shouldn't be on a public thread", let me know that as well. I'm only 1/2 a cup of coffee into the morning so I may be a bit off.