P14 US Previews -- Things to ask - Page 2 - McLaren Life
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 106 Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
nh4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th element View Post
Jamie, don't let them take your mint 570 on trade without paying top dollar. And tell them if they release 720 with roof snorkel the day you take delivery, there will be hell to pay. Hell to pay!!
Those are all my questions, thanks.
From my cold dead hands!

I expect I should get far more on trade for my 570 than I paid for it because its mine, and I'm totally a big deal. Either that or they're reading this thread and thinking, "Oh look at all the questions he's going to ask. Screw him, let's make sure we down-rate his horsepower when his car's in for service."

If there is a day 1 720 with a roof snorkel I'm going to slip @StormBringer a fresh 5 dollar bill and have him drop his aircraft carrier on MTC... I say $5 because that's probably all I'll have left after I put my deposit down on the day 1 720 with a roof snorkel.

-Jamie.
andy c likes this.

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ― Jack Kerouac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 106 Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh4 View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking for. I'm going to guess you don't want us to ask if they left room for front wheels... The spyshots confirm they are there.

-Jamie.
That is good news then

Well, I was referring to a small electric motor driving the front wheels with a design similar to the 918, all of it based on energy recovery system rather than heavy batteries.
After all it was said: "Internally, the new car is code-named P14, and from sources at McLaren, weve learned that it will first launch with a traditional powertrain, followed by a hybrid version."

So my question: is there a P14 hybrid plan for 2018?
post #18 of 106 Old 02-03-2017, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
nh4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12C GT View Post
That is good news then

Well, I was referring to a small electric motor driving the front wheels with a design similar to the 918, all of it based on energy recovery system rather than heavy batteries.
After all it was said: "Internally, the new car is code-named P14, and from sources at McLaren, weve learned that it will first launch with a traditional powertrain, followed by a hybrid version."

So my question: is there a P14 hybrid plan for 2018?
Right on, that makes a lot more sense! I updated post one in the thread with what's come in. See #10... I'm going to guess they won't tell us anything about the hybrid specifics though... But we can always ask!

-Jamie.

post #19 of 106 Old 02-03-2017, 11:54 PM
InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by isv View Post
ok scrap that, someone just told me

245/35/19 front, 305/30/20 rear.
Compared to the 650:

F 235/35/19
R Same
post #20 of 106 Old 02-04-2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
From my cold dead hands!

I expect I should get far more on trade for my 570 than I paid for it because its mine, and I'm totally a big deal. Either that or they're reading this thread and thinking, "Oh look at all the questions he's going to ask. Screw him, let's make sure we down-rate his horsepower when his car's in for service."

If there is a day 1 720 with a roof snorkel I'm going to slip @StormBringer a fresh 5 dollar bill and have him drop his aircraft carrier on MTC... I say $5 because that's probably all I'll have left after I put my deposit down on the day 1 720 with a roof snorkel.

-Jamie.

Ah funny guy but unable to do so at least at the moment otherwise I would have dropped one when I was trying to discuss that more than 25 MSO HS cars will exist. Must have been congress that passed the law, you can google US Code 5062, which basically states the USN needs minimum force level of 11 aircraft carriers worldwide. Not all 11 need to be cruising the seas at one time and if being repaired it is still counted. Lately the Navy has been given a pass or waiver because of the late arrival of the new Ford class carriers. I think 10 is the current number in service.

I know guys are interested in lap times and tire compositions but this area I can discuss in detail. lol Just highlights: Ford class about 12-16 feet longer than Nimitz class supercarrier and roughly same weight but the new reactors provide three times the juice for a total of 600 megawatts. Which they will need for the new electromagnetic launch systems-EMALS and AAG-advanced arrested gear(landings). All this makes launches faster and less stress on the aircraft. Interesting point is the juice is going to be needed when laser "self defense" weapons are fitted onto these beasts. In other words a limitless ammunition.

USN has different classes of aircraft carriers that are not counted toward this 11 number. Funny how some of these light and attack aircraft carriers are not counted yet bigger compared to most other countries carriers.

Sorry not many left to drop any longer. I think the Nimitz class JFK is being donated for a museum? and one or two in reserve. Mostly they get scrapped or in days past used for target practice. Not sure about the Enterprise it's inactive. Next two Ford class carriers after the Gerald R Ford are the JFK and Enterprise.

Just letting some know not all tax $$$ being wasted.

Mark Antar sent me this and I was surprised even though it was for a spider because it came very close to what was suppose to be my 675 LT coupe spec(with snorkel). Jamie asked about the color of my 2 650S and I don't like to post that intel but they are kingfisher blue. Another well known member has the matching P1 in that color.

http://www.motorward.com/2016/11/mcl...g-fisher-blue/

nh4 and Craigy like this.

...pulling from the past to fuel the future...
post #21 of 106 Old 02-04-2017, 01:19 AM

Should we now discuss BP-23 and how no track or spider versions are "planned" since Jamie mentioned a snorkel on 720. And is it 720S I thought a few extra horses they might change it to 725S.

...pulling from the past to fuel the future...

Last edited by StormBringer; 02-04-2017 at 01:22 AM.
post #22 of 106 Old 02-04-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenU View Post
Compared to the 650:

F 235/35/19
R Same
Theoretically that should mean more front end grip, less understeer. I won't lie though, I was hoping for wider, like GT3 RS width. But then stick Trofeos on it and you essentially have the same tyres as the P1 on a car that's 100-150kg less.
post #23 of 106 Old 02-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer View Post
Should we now discuss BP-23 and how no track or spider versions are "planned" since Jamie mentioned a snorkel on 720. And is it 720S I thought a few extra horses they might change it to 725S.
I think one of the photos actually showed a 720S badge.
post #24 of 106 Old 02-04-2017, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
nh4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Theoretically that should mean more front end grip, less understeer. I won't lie though, I was hoping for wider, like GT3 RS width. But then stick Trofeos on it and you essentially have the same tyres as the P1 on a car that's 100-150kg less.
You should really just start a new thread about P14 tires, grip, etc. It's certainly something worth discussing, but it doesn't have to come around in the middle of every other P14 related thread!

-Jamie.

post #25 of 106 Old 02-04-2017, 02:42 PM

Sorry.
nh4 likes this.
post #26 of 106 Old 02-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Just out of curiosity : when will the spider be available ?
Because if I'm not mistaken, with the 650s gone, there will be no spider in any Mclaren series for at least ... one year ?
post #27 of 106 Old 02-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrry View Post
Because if I'm not mistaken, with the 650s gone, there will be no spider in any Mclaren series for at least ... one year ?
I think that is very unlikely but I believe the 570 spider will be out later this year.
Terrry likes this.
post #28 of 106 Old 02-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Owner

Quote:
From my cold dead hands!

-Jamie.
Your monies safe ... There will be no roof Snorkel ..
nh4 likes this.

The (675) "Beast"
post #29 of 106 Old 02-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I think that is very unlikely but I believe the 570 spider will be out later this year.
570s already built ...so I expect it later in the year ...possibly earlier though, after the 720s has stolen the Geneva show
Terrry likes this.

The (675) "Beast"
post #30 of 106 Old 02-05-2017, 01:52 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrry View Post
I have heard 720 Spider in early 2018, likely to be revealed at the Winter Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
570 Spider Fall 2017

with the P15 following in mid 2018
John Galt and Terrry like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in