eMcL likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 02-06-2017, 06:09 PM
isv
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoseboris View Post
I was told by a main dealer that on a track in Italy it (the 720) beat the Porsche 918 lap time by 3 seconds and I have no reason to believe it was not true (on that particular track). Now we must consider its under one third of the price of the Porsche.
If that stat is true then that is utterly mind blowing.
Have to say I wish Mclaren wouldn't feel the need to get involved with the whole rumoured laptime thing. So far I've variously heard it's faster than a 918 by 2/3/4 seconds and a 675 by 3/4/5 seconds and the number of seconds keeps on seeming to go up..... And we seem to have moved from Castelloli to 'somewhere in Italy'.

So far I think the claims are about as believeable as the Huracan Performante purported 6:52 to be honest ie not. Perfectly prepared to eat humble pie when/if some comparison test data (which we always complain about anyway) show anything like that kind of differences though. The P14 is going to be fast, damn fast at that. Why can't Mclaren personnel leave it at that...?
post #93 of 99 Old 02-06-2017, 06:41 PM
InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by isv View Post
Have to say I wish Mclaren wouldn't feel the need to get involved with the whole rumoured laptime thing. So far I've variously heard it's faster than a 918 by 2/3/4 seconds and a 675 by 3/4/5 seconds and the number of seconds keeps on seeming to go up..... And we seem to have moved from Castelloli to 'somewhere in Italy'.

So far I think the claims are about as believeable as the Huracan Performante purported 6:52 to be honest ie not. Perfectly prepared to eat humble pie when/if some comparison test data (which we always complain about anyway) show anything like that kind of differences though. The P14 is going to be fast, damn fast at that. Why can't Mclaren personnel leave it at that...?
I don't think it's McLaren putting these times out, people "hear" all sorts of things.
With the possible exception of the P1's ring time, McLaren seem to leave it to others to prove their speed. Even their quoted power and 1/4 mile times are, if anything, proved to be understated. So, based on the figures we've heard it should be able to post a sub 5 minute ring time...

I'm guessing it's not going to be slow though.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens
Random McLaren of the day.#McLaren #RMTD

post #94 of 99 Old 02-06-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
Welcome back fella @citylad. Been far too long. Hope you're well
Hi Mike, yep been a while. Very well thank you.....

@ Zombie, yes, well something's got to keep up with my 91RS on track.......

@ Mark NY.....Hi, hope you are well.....Thats the prob eh, one is never enough....Lol

Last edited by citylad; 02-06-2017 at 09:25 PM.
post #95 of 99 Old 02-06-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylad View Post

@ Mark NY.....Hi, hope you are well.....Thats the prob eh, one is never enough....Lol
Hasn't it been shown that the 675LT already eats the GT3RS for breakfast?
erich likes this.
post #96 of 99 Old 02-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
No. I was commenting on the preview. Maybe I wasn't clear about what I ment with "really". Of course we could view the car from every angle, sit in it and so forth. But the view from the front was either standing on the same level (the podium) with the car, but being immediately in front of the car. Hence the view was more top down. Or you'd be on the floor, lower than the car, where you could go a couple of steps backward, but the car was perched on the podium. I think if the car was parked on a street with yourself at the same level, the view (and the impression) would considerably change for the better.

Hope that helps.
Yep that makes it clear and I see your point, particularly as with the lighting it was difficult to get a true take on the car from the seating area.

Up above the streets and houses.
post #97 of 99 Old 02-15-2017, 08:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Can someone comment on the lights.. i like the rear but the front undecided
I think the headlights are beautiful unlike the nonP1 models that share it's headlights.
J1n likes this.
post #98 of 99 Old 02-17-2017, 07:41 AM
J1n

I'm liking what i'm hearing ....
Attached Images

post #99 of 99 Old 02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylad View Post

Wow how do you walk with balls that big city!? Did you ever pay up!?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in