12C to 675LT conversion - McLaren Life
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 01-31-2016, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Mas
 
Mas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
12C to 675LT conversion

As some of you are aware we were looking into updating the 12C a little bit and this is the result after months of research and modifications!

We have been supplying Mclaren carbon fibre parts to many clients around the world so those who know me were alerted that something new is coming

I understand if this may not be everyone's cup of tea but I thought it's worth sharing with you as Andy here asked me to post some photos of the project we were working on.

PS: Yes you need to buy the 675 headlights but otherwise everything is ready to fit and it's available to supply worldwide;







Kamran likes this.

CARBON FIBRE MCLAREN
www.facebook.com/dizellcom
Mas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 01-31-2016, 11:08 PM
 
Steve33fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Orange county
Posts: 311
I likey!! Gottha ask the weight of the front bumper? Looks solid thought. Any idea of the pricey for the 2 fenders, and bumper?
Steve33fish is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 01-31-2016, 11:12 PM
 
Steve33fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Orange county
Posts: 311
Even the detail of the front sensors are awesome! Looks like you run a fine AM operation.
Steve33fish is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 02:01 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,449
I wish people would leave the car alone. Bolting on a different cars front to me is akin to a Bangkok Rolex. Sorry, but I feel the buyers only fool themselves.
Slayclops and markc555 like this.
Declan is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 03:04 AM
InnerCircle
Owner
 
Rarity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 393
Garage
i don't know some of those Bangkok Rolex look pretty good frankenclones i believe they are referred too

jaguar XFR , Panoz Esperante JRD , McLaren 650S, RR TD6, BMW 330E Hybrid, 720S Spider Incoming
Rarity is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 03:10 AM
 
Steve33fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Orange county
Posts: 311
Everyone likes something different, and you should not condemn people because of what they like.
Steve33fish is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 03:13 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner
 
ZombiePhysicist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,895
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I wish people would leave the car alone. Bolting on a different cars front to me is akin to a Bangkok Rolex. Sorry, but I feel the buyers only fool themselves.
I'm of mixed minds on this Declan. I'm with you personally. I want my car pretty stock. It's VERY rare that I see any mod that I think, you know, that guy has better taste than the original designers. Bravo, you topped the original designers taste. Mostly I just think, ummm, not for me.

That said, I really delight in others enthusiasm, particularly when it's totally over the top. So many porsche and corvette modders make crazy things work. Them pushing the envelope invariably teaches something about the car (even if only it's to kind of wince). But if it works for others, I'm all for it. To each their own, live and live and all that.

That said, if they show it to the world, they shouldnt be shocked to get others opinions on it.
ZombiePhysicist is online now  
post #8 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 05:02 AM
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 936
12c with no lift seems scary. But....I like the idea of better front end downforce and the increased efficiency in cooling that this front end provides over the 12c stock bumper. Is the fit 100% with no modification necessary? Is it dry carbon or pre-preg? What is the weight? Why no fender louvers??

I am very intrigued. Might need some more cooling for a=my built motor with more hp.

PM me, please
MP4Dream is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Mas
 
Mas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33fish View Post
I likey!! Gottha ask the weight of the front bumper? Looks solid thought. Any idea of the pricey for the 2 fenders, and bumper?
Hi Steve, You have a PM.
We have made the entire kit, we can supply the fenders too. As mentioned before on my intro I do a lot of work on McLarens and fitment, quality etc are exceptional and that's not only what I say it's what my clients all around the world have said for years.

Fitment is spot on as we never make mould before trying the fitment is as close as possible to stock otherwise it's just a waste of my time, money and effort to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I wish people would leave the car alone. Bolting on a different cars front to me is akin to a Bangkok Rolex. Sorry, but I feel the buyers only fool themselves.
Declan, I totally understand what you mean and that's what my mom always said to me when I was younger too
I actually own a few cars which I have kept stock... modding cars though for years is my job and I spend every day designing, sourcing and so on ...

I did mention earlier, I appreciate that this might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm always looking to play around with cars and see what could be achieved.

I'm also thinking about modifying the exact bumper and come up with the REV2 of this for those who want a more stock look but that would be another half a year as I have way too much work on hand.

CARBON FIBRE MCLAREN
www.facebook.com/dizellcom

Last edited by Mas; 02-01-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Mas is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 02-01-2016, 04:02 PM
 
TTM0TION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,008
So this is kind of like a Caitlyn Jenner.

Not my thing but I wish you the best with it!!

-no McLaren...yet
TTM0TION is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 03-03-2016, 08:29 PM
 
360trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 20
The 12C is a very technical car with lots of software controlling many of the various functions. For instance stability and suspension stiffness under braking...

If you dramatically change how aero works (such as much more aggressive downforce at the front or getting rid of the airbrake [sounds like a bad idea to me..]) without revised software you risk making the car 'unbalanced' under various active conditions and could make the car handle like much worse than before, or perhaps even dangerously.

All I'm saying is that you can no longer just bolt on aero body parts without spending significant time understanding all the computers and what they do... And that could take years of your life up...

Enjoy your cars but be safe..

-T
360trev is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 03-07-2016, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Mas
 
Mas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360trev View Post
The 12C is a very technical car with lots of software controlling many of the various functions. For instance stability and suspension stiffness under braking...

If you dramatically change how aero works (such as much more aggressive downforce at the front or getting rid of the airbrake [sounds like a bad idea to me..]) without revised software you risk making the car 'unbalanced' under various active conditions and could make the car handle like much worse than before, or perhaps even dangerously.

All I'm saying is that you can no longer just bolt on aero body parts without spending significant time understanding all the computers and what they do... And that could take years of your life up...

Enjoy your cars but be safe..

-T
Thanks for posting your opinion, But have you checked our website to see that we offer many ECU tuning and performance upgrades for nearly All Mclaren models as well as the 12C? There are some people who do understand the computers and what they do here

Though we have the entire team to tune the ECU and adjust any changes if necessary, we had no issue with this conversion on the 12C, I do appreciate the fact that your post meant to give a heads up to us all but we have already taken all necessary actions to check compatibility and it works just fine. unless some people modify a lot more parts and not just this bumper then the chance to cause danger is very thin.

Glad people find this thread interesting and I'm happy to hear all comments, as mentioned from the very beginning, This kit is a matter of love it or hate it so even though a couple of people have already made it clear they hate it but we had a lot of interested customers around the world and a few have already received their orders.

Have a good week ahead everyone.

PS: you're welcome to check www.dizell.com for more parts and options.
I hope this isn't against the forum rules but if it is then I'd ask the moderators to remove the website part.

CARBON FIBRE MCLAREN
www.facebook.com/dizellcom
Mas is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 03-08-2016, 08:19 PM
 
360trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas View Post
Thanks for posting your opinion, But have you checked our website to see that we offer many ECU tuning and performance upgrades for nearly All Mclaren models as well as the 12C? There are some people who do understand the computers and what they do here

Though we have the entire team to tune the ECU and adjust any changes if necessary, we had no issue with this conversion on the 12C, I do appreciate the fact that your post meant to give a heads up to us all but we have already taken all necessary actions to check compatibility and it works just fine. unless some people modify a lot more parts and not just this bumper then the chance to cause danger is very thin.

Glad people find this thread interesting and I'm happy to hear all comments, as mentioned from the very beginning, This kit is a matter of love it or hate it so even though a couple of people have already made it clear they hate it but we had a lot of interested customers around the world and a few have already received their orders.

Have a good week ahead everyone.

PS: you're welcome to check www.dizell.com for more parts and options.
I hope this isn't against the forum rules but if it is then I'd ask the moderators to remove the website part.
I'd be interested to know what you've done in terms of ecu's software upgrades (above and beyond the typical tuning the ignition and boost maps) because this stuff involves a lot of different dimensions... The fact that the 12C doesn't have traditional anti-rollbars intrigues me as it must be very dependent on software modelling performing estimation models based on so many parameters including geometry, overall kerb weight, aero efficiency at different speeds, weight of wheels, spring rates, dampers, etc. I have absolutely no problem upgrading parts on any car if its done in a very well considered and technically way, I just would be wary of slapping on a downforce aero kit without looking at exactly what Mclaren did to the software on the 575LT. I'm guessing there where significant suspension changes, software for dampers, geometry, unique low weight wheels, wide tyres (re-calibrated abs and traction), etc. If you've been able to do all of this I'm very impressed... -T
Kamran likes this.
360trev is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 03-15-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Mas
 
Mas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360trev View Post
I'd be interested to know what you've done in terms of ecu's software upgrades (above and beyond the typical tuning the ignition and boost maps) because this stuff involves a lot of different dimensions... The fact that the 12C doesn't have traditional anti-rollbars intrigues me as it must be very dependent on software modelling performing estimation models based on so many parameters including geometry, overall kerb weight, aero efficiency at different speeds, weight of wheels, spring rates, dampers, etc. I have absolutely no problem upgrading parts on any car if its done in a very well considered and technically way, I just would be wary of slapping on a downforce aero kit without looking at exactly what Mclaren did to the software on the 575LT. I'm guessing there where significant suspension changes, software for dampers, geometry, unique low weight wheels, wide tyres (re-calibrated abs and traction), etc. If you've been able to do all of this I'm very impressed... -T
Hi and thanks for inputting further thoughts into this thread.

As mentioned the car didn't need any ECU adjustment, no error codes etc either ... we have driven the car over 1000 miles and checked many aspects from downforce to suspension and handling etc ..

Bumper is modified brilliantly to fit in perfectly into the 12C without the needs of the smallest modification, all mounting points and plugs are 100% accurate and sit in exactly where they should too.

Here are some more photos of yet another 12C fitted our kit sent by a kind customer. Again absolutely no drama and he's loving the kit

PS: Loving the rear spoiler too, it suits the car really well in my opinion.






CARBON FIBRE MCLAREN
www.facebook.com/dizellcom
Mas is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 04-05-2016, 02:47 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas View Post
Hi and thanks for inputting further thoughts into this thread.

As mentioned the car didn't need any ECU adjustment, no error codes etc either ... we have driven the car over 1000 miles and checked many aspects from downforce to suspension and handling etc ..

Bumper is modified brilliantly to fit in perfectly into the 12C without the needs of the smallest modification, all mounting points and plugs are 100% accurate and sit in exactly where they should too.

Here are some more photos of yet another 12C fitted our kit sent by a kind customer. Again absolutely no drama and he's loving the kit

PS: Loving the rear spoiler too, it suits the car really well in my opinion.





Any picture or vid of that wing in action, would be badass when it holds straight up. will you install a GT rear diffuser as well? would the front bumper fit 650s or just 12c?
Hoangcao243 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome