McLaren Life banner

Mclaren Orange ownership experience?

7K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Firstkill 
#1 ·
Hey guys I wanted to hear experiences of those who have owned a Mclaren orange or Papaya Spark car. Did you regret it? Does it attract too much more attention than a regular colored car? I'm thinking about switching my car from Pearl white to a Mclaren Orange 720s spider and I like the color but I'm afraid it may be too loud for me.

#3 ·
I test drove a 650s McLaren Orange before buying my Tarocco Orange. McLaren Orange definitely gets a lot of attention, even on my short test drive tons of people gawking at it. I think it adds to the whole experience as the attention is generally positive with lots of thumbs up and pictures.

#4 ·
my McLaren orange 12c was bright and bold, my silver 720 looks better, but it surely does not catch your peripheral vision as easily.

Personal choice, I wish I went with a blue LOL, maybe something more in the middle than white/black/silver/gray vs volcanic colors/orange/green/yellows

#6 ·
I owned a McLaren Orange MP4-12C for almost 6 years before switching recently to Paris Blue...I can tell you that it definitely gets a lot of attention everywhere I drove it. I always got compliments from folks on the road, in general, etc..it was a great color to have but I was ready for a change. Would I do it again, HECK yes! I loved that color!!
Orange Crush by Jason Tang, on Flickr

See how much it stands out next to a friend's 430 Scuderia which was at the time blue.
Orange vs Blue by Jason Tang, on Flickr

#8 ·
I love my Papaya Spark. Does it attract attention, yes. Would I do it again, yes.

Some examples of the attention -

1) start the car and the kids across the street at the school start shouting and clamoring to see it
2) driving down the highway and a Ninja motorcycle does a reverse wheelie off your front quarter panel
3) every stop for gas, someone says something about what a nice car
4) turns heads for most bicycle riders you pass
5) neighbors drive by and ask "what is that orange car"
6) local high-end car audio store - "best spec McLaren I have ever seen"
7) my SA Alessandro in response to my comment about how much attention it attracts - "What did you expect it is Papaya Spark!" (in his Italian accent)
8) owner of the SF McLaren dealership - saw it on my 720s and ordered it for his Senna
and the list goes on...

Attachments

#10 ·
I have Mclaren orange because I like the heritage color and it is easy to keep clean. It attracts some attention but before this I had a black gallardo and that actually attracted 10x more attention, which was surprising to me.. Could not go anywhere in that car without getting video'd or raced..

#15 ·
Wow Thanks for all the responses!! I was having a tough time with the sales guy at my dealership on the car I ordered and was almost about to switch to the MO colored spider at another dealer out of state. The manager at my dealer stepped up today so I'm sticking with my car Pearl white and will be picking up tomorrow.

It has been a long wait and a tough one too. My excitement hasn't come back yet from all the drama but I'm hoping it will change when I get her home. I'll be sharing pics with you all as soon as I get my customization done.

#22 ·
Yep it was on my final paperwork which has an email record. I believe the heated seat buttons are in the nav display. I was told by the manager it was a no go but if someone could ask their dealer whether it can or can not be done would be a helpful confirmation.

The manager has made some real concessions for me. Enough to buy a heating pad for my bum! >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.