Honest question - Page 3 - McLaren Life
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 41 Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeavers View Post
90,95, maybe even 100k if your'e trading for a new 2019 or specced car.
Do you know of any recent 2012 12C trade-ins at over $90k? Most appear to be in the $80k range.

Quote:
As others have said though, the right private buyer is willing to pay for EXACTLY what they want, or close to it.
In the 12C market, there appear to be many more cars than buyers. Buyers don't have to over-pay to get what they want - cars without desirable options / colours just don't sell. Look at how many are playing dealer ping-pong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendrover View Post
I would say anything under $300K is a good deal. At $275K I would be wondering what is wrong as that seems really low, but you never know.

For me personally, I LOVE this car!! Based on what other cars are available and pricing, the 720S is a steal at $300K.

I was in line for a Pista that kept getting pushed down the road. I really wanted a 720S, but didn't pursue it because of the depreciation and the thought that the Pista would hold value much better.

Well, now that I have the 720S I will pass on the Pista if my spot gets filled. There is NO way that the Pista is worth $150K more then the 720S (at least in my opinion).

If a Ferrari badge was on the 720S we would be talking about how much over sticker we would have to pay.

I'm going for a drive. This car makes me giggle!

Later
are you referring to 2019 for under 300?
all the 2018 are under 300K and half of the 2018s are around or under 275...the trade in price for 720s are under 260..
most 720s are specced to be around 320-370ish..for a 18 month old 720..i would argue 275 is already holding a good price compared to 650s..
i would think 270-275 is a good price for 720s if you buy it from dealer and private party sales would be under 270..
currently looking for 720s as well and this is really my just expectation
post #33 of 41 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM

I was offered 100k in trade on a 720s from a West Coast dealer in February. As recently as two weeks ago I was offered 95k from another dealer.

The lowest trade offer I recieved was 85k, from an East Coast dealer last month with a reputation for low balling on tardes, and being high on their used cars.

My 12c is a 2012 Super Nova with all the carbon (swipe doors which is desirebale) soft close latches added, superlight weights in srtealth, leather and alacantara interior, sports exhaust. It was a 298k sticker. 11,800 miles.

post #34 of 41 Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I was offered 100k in trade on a 720s from a West Coast dealer in February. As recently as two weeks ago I was offered 95k from another dealer.

The lowest trade offer I recieved was 85k, from an East Coast dealer last month with a reputation for low balling on tardes, and being high on their used cars.

My 12c is a 2012 Super Nova with all the carbon (swipe doors which is desirebale) soft close latches added, superlight weights in srtealth, leather and alacantara interior, sports exhaust. It was a 298k sticker. 11,800 miles.
Thanks for the data points. IMO, they'd struggle to sell it much above $100k, so I think it's more a discount on what you'd trade it against. 12Cs are difficult to sell at the moment.
post #35 of 41 Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfz420 View Post
are you referring to 2019 for under 300?
all the 2018 are under 300K and half of the 2018s are around or under 275...the trade in price for 720s are under 260..
most 720s are specced to be around 320-370ish..for a 18 month old 720..i would argue 275 is already holding a good price compared to 650s..
i would think 270-275 is a good price for 720s if you buy it from dealer and private party sales would be under 270..
currently looking for 720s as well and this is really my just expectation
Not true. My 18' LE just sold for $330K list was $368k. It is in incredible shape with PPF, downpipes and exhaust.
post #36 of 41 Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfan View Post
Not true. My 18' LE just sold for $330K list was $368k. It is in incredible shape with PPF, downpipes and exhaust.
When's the spider getting delivered then? Bet you are glad to see The coupe get sold at that price
post #37 of 41 Old Today, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
Quote:
When's the spider getting delivered then? Bet you are glad to see The coupe get sold at that price
Supposed to be delivered today but there is some campaign for the top mechanism. I'm going to have a look tomorrow.

Yes, if my car did not sell I was just going to keep it. I'm starting to regret it already.
post #38 of 41 Old Today, 12:28 AM

That's not really the case rnixon. I don't know if you're talking to McLaren dealers, but in my search for the right 720 over the past 6 months or so, I've talked to a number of GM's accross the country.

The 12c is pretty much at the bottom right now and stablizing. Obviously sales price is always going to be dependent on the individual car, the dealer, and what the buyer is willing to pay for it. People get caught up with the notion that the market is static for a paticular car, it is not. 12c's in the right color with the right options and condition are very hot in certain parts of the country right now. Other places, not so much. That said, it's the steal of the century even at 100-110k for the per dollar performance and wow factor. You'd be hard pressed to find a well optioned and sorted 12c without excessive miles, for less than 100k. And I'm not talking about at independents, I'm talking about at McLaren dealers. My dealer has told me my car would easily sell at retail for over 100k were they to take it on trade. he said 90-95k is the trade number for my car right now.

Personally I would not buy a McLaren from an independent unless I could trace the service history to the letter, and it had some warranty left. Likewise, I would only do a private sale if the selling/servicing dealer vouched for the car, and or would consider a pass through sale. Most dealers are open to doing this if you've got a good relationship with them and you throw them a few bucks for the trouble. Gives the buyer a good bit of piece of mind too.

Happy hunting! my car is still available if you're looking, and my dealer would certainly do a pass through if I asked.I'd prefer to trade for the tax credit, but if the delta isn't that big, I'd sell it privately to the lucky buyer who gets it.
post #39 of 41 Old Today, 01:46 AM

Quote:
The 12c is pretty much at the bottom right now and stablizing.
I'm not so sure, although I'd like that to be the case. IMO, McLaren need to be reducing their ESC and parts prices to help address the unreliable label that many believe. That will only get worse with prices that prevent some from maintaining the properly.

Quote:
12c's in the right color with the right options and condition are very hot in certain parts of the country right now. Other places, not so much.
I've seen the latter, not the former, although I don't doubt your experience. Where would you say the market is good?

Quote:
That said, it's the steal of the century even at 100-110k for the per dollar performance and wow factor.
If they had a reputation for reliability, I'd agree with you.

Quote:
You'd be hard pressed to find a well optioned and sorted 12c without excessive miles, for less than 100k.
In a desirable colour, perhaps, although it depends on how you define "excessive".

Quote:
My dealer has told me my car would easily sell at retail for over 100k were they to take it on trade. he said 90-95k is the trade number for my car right now.
That wouldn't leave a lot in it for them. I've heard people getting offers in the $80k range for good cars, but it could well be a regional difference.

Quote:
Happy hunting! my car is still available if you're looking, and my dealer would certainly do a pass through if I asked.I'd prefer to trade for the tax credit, but if the delta isn't that big, I'd sell it privately to the lucky buyer who gets it.
I now have one - Volcano Orange, CCB, *all* the CF options, IRIS2, soft-close doors, etc.
bbeavers likes this.

Last edited by rnixon; Today at 01:49 AM.
post #40 of 41 Old Today, 04:31 AM

Quote:
You might just got a best sale then..to my best knowledge, you can get close to 10% off on a new 19s right now..

Last edited by alexfz420; Today at 05:45 AM.
post #41 of 41 Old Today, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfz420 View Post
You might just got a best sale then..to my best knowledge, you can get close to 10% off on a new 19s right now..
Possibly but it will depend on the dealer and how long they were sitting on stock. The right cars will always do better though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in