Improved rear camera - McLaren Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-10-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 23
Improved rear camera

Anyone looked into swapping in a new rearview camera? The resolution is so poor on the OE system.
eternalthinker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 02-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalthinker View Post
Anyone looked into swapping in a new rearview camera? The resolution is so poor on the OE system.
Too bad nobody has tuned in yet. I also would be interesred in a better camera.
I agree the camera is very poor compared to what current much cheaper cars have installed.
But also the track camera system is a disgrace and waste of money.
Bart340 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2019, 09:52 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 35
I think the issue with the factory system is more than just with the crappy cameras.

I've spoken to my dealer as well as a track specialist, and in both cases they suggest replacing the whole setup which unless you really must place the cameras outside, will mean finding room to rig up camera views from inside the car. The other downside to this is that they either require setup every time you use them or you do it once, leave them in place and they're ugly as heck, get in your way.
kermit675 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old 03-25-2019, 08:11 AM
InnerCircle
 
jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: fremont, CA
Posts: 248
This actually works and it has it's own wifi transmitter built in. A gopro session camera can be purchased for under $200.00 at Walmart, many uses but for this, simply attract with plug in mount when you want it and remove for other uses. Great picture, not fisheye like regular gopro
jessica is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 03-25-2019, 05:10 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
This actually works and it has it's own wifi transmitter built in. A gopro session camera can be purchased for under $200.00 at Walmart, many uses but for this, simply attract with plug in mount when you want it and remove for other uses. Great picture, not fisheye like regular gopro

Did you mean to post a photo or link to the device? Sounds interesting. Doubt it would link to any track telemetry software though. Otherwise, the VBOX stuff still seems to be the most informative though more work to use.

Also better to have front and back views.
kermit675 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 04-22-2019, 07:53 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: los angeles
Posts: 77
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit675 View Post
Did you mean to post a photo or link to the device? Sounds interesting. Doubt it would link to any track telemetry software though. Otherwise, the VBOX stuff still seems to be the most informative though more work to use.

Also better to have front and back views.
track telemetry use another camera. if you have track telemetry you have two camera at the back.
Kui Cam is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Improved tires for 570S? Gator71 McLaren 570S 11 02-11-2017 10:36 AM
Improved Sound System; Suggestions? PeterDorr McLaren 650S 1 07-18-2016 09:50 PM
Configurator is live. Much improved over the previous. noone1 McLaren 650S 5 03-06-2014 02:17 PM
Front and Rear Camera in 12C? Suggestion ? hei819 McLaren Lounge 10 06-25-2012 08:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome