Track Wheels - McLaren Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Finspeed Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Track Wheels

Hello Everyine, I am looking to purchase a 2nd set of tracks wheels for my 650s and looking to run 19” all around does anyone know who makes wheels that fit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-16-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fries View Post
Hello Everyine, I am looking to purchase a 2nd set of tracks wheels for my 650s and looking to run 19 all around does anyone know who makes wheels that fit?

Forgeline 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 Old 05-16-2019, 01:46 AM
AWH

If running street tires, OZ Racing Ultraleggera from Tire Rack. Call and talk to Luke...tell him I sent you..tell him what you want and he'll hook you up. The 19" fronts are obvious (type in year.make.model and they appear). The 19" rears are a slightly different offset and so he'll have to look them up. Like, strong, inexpensive.

I just recently sold a set exactly like that to a local 570 owner.

For slicks, go fully forged. I use Finspeed for that. Forum sponsor...call them.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-16-2019, 07:46 AM

Have you considered the ultralight weight 675 LT OEM forged wheels? The fronts are 19 inch -weighs 18 lbs each, and the rears are 20 inch - weighs 22 lbs each. Worked great as my second set for the track. I have a set for sale under classifieds in excellent condition. Sold my 675 LT so no longer need it. Consider the Pirelli super trofeo R tires which to me are great for the street and track.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWH View Post
For slicks, go fully forged. I use Finspeed for that. Forum sponsor...call them.
We've made 19" packages for several models. Lots more tire selection in 19 vs 20/21.
Engineered for the loads racing slicks generate (not just street tires) specifically for your application :thumbs:

mcx likes this.

Finspeed Wheels
[email protected]
3813 Helios Way, Ste 180
Pflugerville, TX 78660
post #6 of 9 Old 05-19-2019, 05:53 AM

Garage
fin speed made good wheels. I suggest you go for 19 F&R . easier to find tires. cheaper too if you track alot.

Or you can go for HRE rc103 . lightweight yet strong.

just need to make sure , on 650s you can turn the wheel more than the LT. make sure tire doesn't hit the liner . because it will.
post #7 of 9 Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Guys,

Thanks so much for the advice. Why does does forged wheels matter with slicks? OZ can’t handle slicks? I used those for my Porsche 911 turbo S (650 hp) and saw no problems.
post #8 of 9 Old Today, 02:39 AM

Slicks will put a much greater load on the wheel than street tires and most mass market wheels are not engineered for that load. Going with a true forged wheel that has been specifically engineered for slicks is the only safe way to go. Finspeed wheels are specifically engineered for the load slicks will place on them--and they have been independently tested on slicks as well. Personally speaking, I have had way too many wheels break on DOT tires to chance anything let along going to a slick on a mass production cast wheel or even a forged that has not been engineered with slicks in mind.

Kurt
post #9 of 9 Old Today, 06:14 AM

Are the Toyo R888 considered slicks that need a forged wheel ?

It is better to exit a turn properly than to enter too fast but with ABS just go super-deep anyway-trailbrake change direction and nail it
MP4 12 C , Porsche GT3 Cup factory racecar
BMW S1000RR trackbike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in