Should music auto play on startup? - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-24-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Should music auto play on startup?

When starting the car up in order to listen to SiriusXM I need to first go into the Sirius tuner and manually select a station for music to start playing. The station I was listening to on shutdown is displayed in Iris, however there is no audio and no track details showing. I have to select another station, then audio starts up - and then switch back to the station I normally listen to.

Is that normal / right? In every other car I have owned when you get in the audio starts up where it left off when you shut down the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 04:28 AM

Garage
My 2019 does that exact same thing. Its pretty annoying. Sometimes (rarely) music will automatically play... It kind of does what it wants.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Owner

Yes..my 2019 also does this too. I find it annoying but then again a few of my other cars does the same thing. I wish there was a way to turn that feature/annoyance off too!

post #4 of 4 Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 AM

Garage
To be honest, and this is speculation, I think it has to do with the system checks during start-up. In exotic cars, the initiating system start-up check can actually take up to several minutes in some brands/models because these machines we are driving are so incredibly advanced. That is my guess on why something seemingly so simple acts a little funny.

Regular vehicles don't really have the same type of start-up checks that goes over EVERYTHING. For example, if you look at a list of potential codes or warning lights / messages, exotic cars will have WAY more than a regular vehicle because these cars are designed to essentially be top performing machines. It has to check every single piece before moving because trying to do 200mph in something that DOESNT check itself would be a scary thought.

YouTube Channel: 305 FastLane
Instagram: 305FastLane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in