3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nightlife
  • 1 Post By sld7007
  • 1 Post By sld7007

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-25-2019, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
How to: Interior Carbon Fiber Install on 570s

I purchased a 2019 570s with everything I wanted and more! That is, with the exception of interior carbon fiber. I went ahead and purchased an OEM IRIS bezel and center console in carbon fiber on ebay. I have been unable to find any info on how to do get the swap done properly.

Can someone give me some insight? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by sld7007; 04-28-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-25-2019, 03:51 PM

Yup I have done the complete interior, I can help you

For the bezel it is a bit tricky but not overly bad look below
Attached Images

Leo likes this.

Nightlife, ain't a good life, but it's my Life "Willie Nelson"
post #3 of 11 Old 04-25-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlife View Post
Yup I have done the complete interior, I can help you

For the bezel it is a bit tricky but not overly bad look below

Thank you so much!!! Ill get this done today! I really appreciate it.

Any help on the center console for the shifter and active dials?

post #4 of 11 Old 04-26-2019, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks again for the info! I got the bezel down in about 10 minutes. The instructions you posted made it super easy. 10 minute job.

I tried swapping out the center console but could it get it out. I removed the two screws in front of the shifter under the cup holder rubber. It felt loose but when trying to lift it out it felt like I was going to break. I found two more screws under the cup holder rubber behind the shifter but same thing. Am I missing something?
Attached Images

post #5 of 11 Old 04-26-2019, 04:14 PM

Yup that is the easiest of all to swap out, so easy I have no pictures lol

Now if you would have said the entire center console then that's a good 5 hour job LOL

"I tried swapping out the center console but could it get it out. I removed the two screws in front of the shifter under the cup holder rubber. It felt loose but when trying to lift it out it felt like I was going to break. I found two more screws under the cup holder rubber behind the shifter but same thing. Am I missing something?"

Nope you're on the right track, I can not remember if there were 4 or 6 screws all together, try to lift the front up first, there might be some wires that are getting hung up, should be two sets, make note where they go.

It's that straight forward 15 min job.

post #6 of 11 Old 04-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Wow what a stroke of luck @Nightlife made that “how to” thread for you!! And btw good job on putting CF inside. Makes a big difference imho. I’d much rather have it inside, where I spend my time, than on the exterior. Both obviously better! ��
post #7 of 11 Old 04-28-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlife View Post
Yup that is the easiest of all to swap out, so easy I have no pictures lol

Now if you would have said the entire center console then that's a good 5 hour job LOL

"I tried swapping out the center console but could it get it out. I removed the two screws in front of the shifter under the cup holder rubber. It felt loose but when trying to lift it out it felt like I was going to break. I found two more screws under the cup holder rubber behind the shifter but same thing. Am I missing something?"

Nope you're on the right track, I can not remember if there were 4 or 6 screws all together, try to lift the front up first, there might be some wires that are getting hung up, should be two sets, make note where they go.

It's that straight forward 15 min job.
Got it done! The feeling that I was going to break it came from two small beads of what appeared to be hot glue next to the aluminum brackets. A confident hard tug from the front of the console got it done!

For anyone else looking to do the swap it was incredibly easy. Once it was out it just took disconnecting and reconnecting two wire harnesses. Everything works perfectly. Also, you do not need to remove the rear screws. You’ll only need to remove the front two.

Thanks nightlife!
Attached Images

Leo likes this.

Last edited by sld7007; 04-28-2019 at 12:49 AM.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-28-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati1199 View Post
Wow what a stroke of luck @Nightlife made that “how to” thread for you!! And btw good job on putting CF inside. Makes a big difference imho. I’d much rather have it inside, where I spend my time, than on the exterior. Both obviously better! ��
Absolutely! A carbon interior was a requirement but I ended up getting a deal I couldn’t refuse. I’m glad it worked out this way. I ended up with genuine interior carbon for only $1,400 total with this swap! Super happy with my 570s!
Ducati1199 likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-28-2019, 01:35 PM
All cars are beautiful
Owner

Garage
I am not selling my car, but I am curious, does it make a difference in resale value if you get exterior carbon fiber (OEM only of course) put on after you buy the car versus when you purchased the car? An example would be buying a car that came with say carbon fiber engine bay covers versus buying the covers later and installing them afterwards. Would you need to disclose that detail even?

Enjoy life but be reasonable, you never know but you might actually live another day to pay for it!
post #10 of 11 Old 04-29-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars View Post
I am not selling my car, but I am curious, does it make a difference in resale value if you get exterior carbon fiber (OEM only of course) put on after you buy the car versus when you purchased the car? An example would be buying a car that came with say carbon fiber engine bay covers versus buying the covers later and installing them afterwards. Would you need to disclose that detail even?
I believe anyone can check what the car originally came with from a dealer or factory, so always best to disclose, plus as most piece are not cheap the buyer will appreciate the effort and extra expense taken to achieve it.

As far as resale I believe it is way more desirable when you are selling having a complete CF interior than partial or none at all.

Personally I wouldn't care if it was ordered that way from the factory or put on in hindsight as along as it had all the CF I was looking for.

post #11 of 11 Old 04-29-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld7007 View Post
Got it done!

Thanks nightlife!
My pleasure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in