Overheating 570S - normal ride. - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-09-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Overheating 570S - normal ride.

Hi, i have a 570S with problem. Coolant is high temperature and enters the orange field. This will happen even in a normal ride. Is it possible that the thermostat is wron g?Thx for answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Early cars had a few issues with hose clamps either being loose or working loose. I know of one car that dropped it's coolant on the track. Other than getting dealer involved I'd suggest checking that you haven't lost coolant.
It's not impossible for thermostat to be broken - a few 991.1 GT3's had broken thermostats that I know of but not heard of any on 570?

Last edited by Ducati1199; 06-09-2017 at 08:07 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-09-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakr_Petrov View Post
Hi, i have a 570S with problem. Coolant is high temperature and enters the orange field. This will happen even in a normal ride. Is it possible that the thermostat is wron g?Thx for answer.
The thermostat is a 3 way device and has failed in other McLaren models. Have not heard of any 570 thermostat fails.
Do you see any signs of coolant leakage under your car? Also do you smell any glycol?
Best to take into Dealer if possible.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-16-2019, 05:04 PM

You might have run out of coolant just from ambient temperature or it may just be a little low.
post #5 of 7 Old Yesterday, 03:31 AM

Check coolant(check for leak under car)
I had a hose slit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 12:25 AM

Exact same thing happened on my 2017 570s like 3 weeks after buying it brand new . They said thermostat was stuck closed. Replaced it under warranty and never had an issue again
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 12:48 AM

Besides from the above suggestions: low coolant, faulty thermostat, it could also be a problem with the water pump and if the temperature rises mostly in traffic the cooling fans may not be operating.
Suggest not driving the car with an overheat condition since it may lead to head warpage and/or head gasket failure which could be denied under warrany due to "reglect or abuse."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in