McLaren Life banner

Rear hatch not opening

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Lonewolf 
#1 ·
I am wondering if anyone here can help me. Sorry, I seem to be dominating the posts recently.

The rear hatch on my GT won't open anymore. Whenever I press the button on the center console, nothing happens. Whenever I hit the button on my key fob, the lights blink and nothing happens. The front trunk opens just fine.

Any thoughts? I contacted my local dealership a few times this week, but they never got back to me, so I decided to post here to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks again!

#6 ·
Turns out the dealership wasn't getting messages to the service manager. It was being routed to a random message box that isn't monitored regularly. Weird. However, I did get the direct cell phone and email address of the service manager so I should be good.

The key fob seems to be working fine for the other mechanisms. Also, the switch in the tunnel doesn't open the rear hatch either. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.

Thanks everyone.

#7 ·
I had a similar problem at about 600 miles. When the car was at full running temperature the hatch would not open. When the car cooled the hatch would then open and work. Dealer had to change out the latch mechanism and electronics. Works fine now. I heard that there was another 570GT in California that had the same problem as well. That's a total of 3 now. Otherwise, the car has done well and I am at 3800 miles. Tracked it last week at Sanoma Raceway and post track inspection was fine. Incredibly capable car. Do not let the hatch issue bother you to much. It's under warranty and the dealer should get it fixed. Once it is fixed it will be fine.

#8 ·
Just an update. Initially, they couldn't even open the hatch using the manual release and were concerned about needing to replace the whole thing. It turns out there was some loose connection with the wiring that went to the hatch. Simple fix.

I agree, the car is incredible and built beautifully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.