2012 12C misfire issues after oil change - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-05-2019, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

2012 12C misfire issues after oil change

Hello folks, I’m new to the forum and I was hoping that someone here had the same issue and found the problem.

I took my car to the mclaren of SF for a basic oil change, after getting the car delivered back to my work, the car has a huge misfire on bank 5,6,7 and 8 (left side of the engine) and it the engine will shake, rpm will fluctuate during idle as well doing a valve noise due the fluctuating RPM (sounds like a lose nut on the bottom metal pan)

Own the car for 2 years and never had any issue whatsoever. I’m not sure if it’s related to the oil change or just a coincidence. The weird metal noise and misfire disappears during cold start, it will appear once the engine warms up.

Tried to look everywhere for a lead or a tip to find solution for this issue but no luck.

I find very odd to be misfiring on all the cylinders on the driver side of the engine. Also very odd to appears right after an oil change which technically speaking should have nothing to do with the misfire.

If anyone can help, I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks folks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in