The Urus has landed
I have few other pics in the wild that I will add. For those of you that havent driven or seen one I recommend you run by your dealer and check it out in person.
Initial thoughts after 3 days of ownership:
- Performance - Speed and handling are outstanding for any car let alone an SUV. In Corsa mode the suspension is tight but compliant. I have some dips in a road near me that are like speed bumps for the 720 and M5 but this thing takes them with ease. Speed-wise it feels as fast as my F90 M5 which is pretty darn fast. I bet track times between the two would be comparable.
- Sound - Better than you would expect. A very nice growl in street mode and when you switch to Sport it really livens up - pops and cracks on downshifts. Corsa is more of the same but even more aggressive.
- Transmission - In street mode it wants to go to the next gear quickly to conserve fuel. In sport it will hold the gear based on how hard you are on the accelerator. Sometimes I find myself early shifting in Sport as there is no need to wind it out but I like the sound. In Corsa mode it wants to redline every shift or you have to manually shift it. I figure I am in break in so taking it easy for now.
- Looks are subjective but I really like the shape and unlike many others I prefer an SUV over most sedans. Mine has the 23" wheel's which fills out the wells but I may add spacers to push the rears out a bit more. To my surprise I have had a ton of people positively comment. I feel like I am driving the 720. I thought this thing would blend in silver but apparently not. I had a lady come to my door and ask if she could check it out. Today a truck driver pulled up and congratulated me. I pulled into BAH parking lot and the security guard came out in the rain to take a look. So apparently others really dig it.
- Electronics - These things have a ton of features, I am working my way through them. Most if it is intuitive. Mine has the ADAS package which gives you all the safety features as well. There is a Lambo app where you can load icons on the display for directions, music, other media, etc. The app on the Android isn't great so far. It works but I think I could be a lot better.
- Fit and Finish - everything is super tight and well done. I do have a taillight with some slight moisture that they are going to look at this week otherwise Lambo did a very nice job differentiating from Audi and Porsche.
Value - A tricky one. IMO, I think these are a bit overpriced. I don't see why they don't come in under $200K with all the right options. I haven't seen the new Porsche Cayenne TTS so I don't have much to compare it to but figure the new X5M will be quite a beast as well for over $100K less. Of course you have the exclusivity of the Urus and the overall performance which is hard to beat but realistically will hardly be used. If I sold it I am not sure what else I would consider other than a Lusso which will fall in a similar price range for a slightly used v12 version. The Urus does offer a lot more leg room front and back as well as enough space in the rear to carry several sets of clubs. A friend of mine is about 6' 4" 270lbs and fit in the back seat without his knees touching the back of the seat. This is a big plus for the Urus.
After a few weeks I should have more seat time and feedback. I am happy to answer any questions.