Help needed! Auto transport SF to LA - McLaren Life
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Scalpel
  • 1 Post By Scalpel

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Help needed! Auto transport SF to LA

McLaren in San Francisco has a car I purchased. I tried to make arrangements for transport with Intercity, but nothing available for at least two weeks. Horseless Carriage doesn't come here and Reliable, well they're not reliable. I looked at Cappy's but there's no activity since 2011 and the DOT website states that they're not authorized to operate. I understand Leno and Wayne Carini use Intercity and their reviews are superb.
Does anyone know of an alternative that's excellent, or do I have to continue to sit in my relatively empty garage and drink its beers?

Thanks for any information.

Ron

Last edited by Scalpel; 03-29-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
McLaren in San Francisco has a car I purchased. I tried to make arrangements for transport with Intercity, but nothing available for at least two weeks. Horseless Carriage doesn't come here and Reliable, well they're not reliable. I looked at Cappy's but there's no activity since 2011 and the DOT website states that they're not authorized to operate. I understand Leno and Wayne Carini use Intercity and their reviews are superb.
Does anyone know of an alternative that's excellent, or do I have to continue to sit in my relatively empty garage and drink its beers?

Thanks for any information.

Ron
Ron, mclarensf should have been able to coordinate it for you.

Not sure if they put you in touch with Samir or not (Reserved Motorsports). I pretty much exclusively use him.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post
Ron, mclarensf should have been able to coordinate it for you.

Not sure if they put you in touch with Samir or not (Reserved Motorsports). I pretty much exclusively use him.
They gave me two contacts, one is Cappy's which isn't authorized to operate, and Reserved Motorsports, about which there is no information. No BBB or Yelp information and the DOT also states that they aren't authorized to operate:
http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp...%20MOTORSPORTS

And, according to this, the company has no insurance: http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...ot-2163716.php

When did you use them last?

Thanks.

Last edited by Scalpel; 03-29-2017 at 10:24 PM.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 PM
Owner

Quote:
They gave me two contacts, one is Cappy's which isn't authorized to operate, and Reserved Motorsports, about which there is no information. No BBB or Yelp information and the DOT also states that they aren't authorized to operate:

Thanks.
January 2017 was the last time I used him.

Ferrari Silicon Valley
Mclaren SF
Los Gatos Luxury Cars
Pagani USA
and a whole bunch of owners use him.

I'm not trying to plug him but he does a pretty good job and always tries to make it work for us.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Owner

Quote:

And, according to this, the company has no insurance: http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...ot-2163716.php

Thanks.
Give him a call. I just texted him. He will send you what you need. 650-450-1212

these are some of the people who trust him to ship their cars. (his storage space at monterey car week last year)
Attached Images

post #6 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 10:48 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Garage
A number of vehicle manufacturers use Select 1 Transport for their ride & drive programs. I've never hired them to move a personal vehicle, but that is a service they offer and I'd put them on par with Intercity.

http://select1.com/vehicle-transportation/

http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp...RANSPORT%20INC

http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...dot-673525.php

>8^)
ER

Andy Wallace on the McLaren F1 after setting the 240.1 MPH speed record at Ehra Lessien on March 31st 1998:

"I still say this is the best car ever built, ever, and probably will never be beaten."
post #7 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post
January 2017 was the last time I used him.

Ferrari Silicon Valley
Mclaren SF
Los Gatos Luxury Cars
Pagani USA
and a whole bunch of owners use him.

I'm not trying to plug him but he does a pretty good job and always tries to make it work for us.
Just spoke with him, sounds good, will be bringing my car down next week. He sent me photos of some transports he's done, very impressive and speaks volumes regarding the confidence level people have in his company.
Nadeemy likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-05-2017, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Owner

So now I can relate that Samer was really great to deal with. I'm not that easy, lots of questions and concerns borne of bad prior experiences, so I was impressed with his responsiveness and patience. Excellent service, couldn't really ask for better. Nice-looking, immaculate transport rig as well, and Daniel, the driver, is a good guy.
Nadeemy likes this.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM

To transport a car you can look for auto transporters online, there are many options available over there who provides best and fast facility to transport your car. You can check the companies review online for more information and then register online, some of them provide the facility of online tracking of your vehicle, so that you can keep watch on it.

Last edited by SerenaBeckett; 02-05-2018 at 04:56 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-26-2018, 10:56 AM

Florida transporter is also a good option to choose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in