Nobody Is Safe From The P101's - Porsche Cayman GT4 on HRE's by Wheels Boutique - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-12-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Nobody Is Safe From The P101's - Porsche Cayman GT4 on HRE's by Wheels Boutique

Some argue that the Cayman GT4 is the purist Porsche available at the moment. We dont take sides in that spirited debate but an opinion that we will stand by is that these HRE P101s look impeccable in Brushed Clear on this German track toy. Share with us how you feel about it!

Wheel Specs:
HRE P101
20x8.5 // 20x11
Finish: Brushed Clear
Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Front: 245/35/20
Rear: 295/30/20

PM us for details, availability, and pricing.
Tell us what you think by commenting below!

For more photos visit: https://flic.kr/s/aHskEwiht7

www.wheelsboutique.com
David@WheelsBoutique.com
786.249.0127 ext.2109

TOP WORLDWIDE DEALER FOR HRE / Adv1/ Volk Racing/ Champion/ SpeedArt/ TechArt/D2Forged/ Vorsteiner/ Wald/ Brembo/Eibach & More
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-12-2016, 08:15 PM
kpg

Aw, that's a cute little car.

2016 570S
2002 Pontiac Aztek
1970 AMC Gremlin
2014 Vespa GTS 300 moped
Rollerblades
post #3 of 8 Old 08-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Owner
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg View Post

Truly hilarious.

Serious question, do you guys see the black wheel "fad" waning? I have been a cult member for awhile, but now I tend to enjoy the silver (ish) wheels on cars. Maybe I have black wheel fatigue?

post #4 of 8 Old 08-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Sponsor

Don't these GT4 guys prefer their GT cars to have smaller lighter weight/race bred wheels?
post #5 of 8 Old 08-13-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP4Dream View Post
Don't these GT4 guys prefer their GT cars to have smaller lighter weight/race bred wheels?
i could easily be mistaken, but I believe the 20" stock wheels on the GT4 are around 24-25 lbs. each, and these HRE's may be closer to 20 lbs each (for the 20" wheel). Now, why Porsche went with 20" wheels stock instead of 19", IDK.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Sponsor

http://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/88603...ack-use-2.html

This is where the purists live. Note that some are even looking for 18 inch fitment.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-13-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg View Post
Just one opinion, but if Porsche had not screwed up the Cayman we very likely would not have had a 570/540 McLaren product. Had Porsche designed the Cayman to its potential, right from its launch in 2006, as opposed to keeping it pinned down under the 911, there would not be a white-space for a mid-engine / high performing daily. This is one that I thank them for their lack of foresight, because they could have shut the door on the McLaren sport series 10 years ago....if they would have been smart.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-15-2016, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfNoConsequence View Post
Truly hilarious.

Serious question, do you guys see the black wheel "fad" waning? I have been a cult member for awhile, but now I tend to enjoy the silver (ish) wheels on cars. Maybe I have black wheel fatigue?
The black wheel fad is definitely not what it used to be and we're happy about that. Don't get us wrong, there are some applications and color schemes that work well with a black wheel but the majority of times it takes away a lot from the intricate designs of the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP4Dream View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
i could easily be mistaken, but I believe the 20" stock wheels on the GT4 are around 24-25 lbs. each, and these HRE's may be closer to 20 lbs each (for the 20" wheel). Now, why Porsche went with 20" wheels stock instead of 19", IDK.
Dave is correct. These HRE P101's weigh a good margin less than the OEM offerings. Not to mention you're getting a wider than OEM wheel as well as the styling that you choose not the styling that every other GT4 owner already has.

www.wheelsboutique.com
David@WheelsBoutique.com
786.249.0127 ext.2109

TOP WORLDWIDE DEALER FOR HRE / Adv1/ Volk Racing/ Champion/ SpeedArt/ TechArt/D2Forged/ Vorsteiner/ Wald/ Brembo/Eibach & More

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.