Time For Us To Take A Stab At It With HRE's - 2017 Audi R8 x RS106 by Wheels Boutique - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2016, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Time For Us To Take A Stab At It With HRE's - 2017 Audi R8 x RS106 by Wheels Boutique

When it comes to picking a wheel model for one of our promo fleet, the water cooler discussion of what wheels to run next can sometimes get a little heated… Do we play it safe with a style that we’ve seen over and over or do we go for something that has never been done before? Do we go clean and simple with the finish or add some color? With close to 100 different models in HRE Performance Wheels glorious lineup, the selection process can be consuming. This time however, we noticed one style in particular that hasn’t gotten very much attention – the RS106. It’s smooth spoke face and hidden hardware construction make for an elegant and sophisticated configuration, but we were missing the extra flair and panache we usually look for on a promo car - cue the finish suggestion of Polished Copper against Satin Black. It may not be for everyone but these wheels certainly fit the bill of a custom one-off order and we love ‘em for it.

Wheel Specs:
HRE RS106
20”x9” // 21”x12.5”
Finish: Satin Black Face // Polished Copper Lip
Tires: Pirelli P Zero
Front: 245/30/20
Rear: 325/25/21

Akrapovic Slip-On Line Titanium Exhaust

Please PM us for details, availability, and pricing.
Tell us what you think by commenting below!

For more photos visit: https://www.flickr.com/gp/wheelsboutique/srj7GU

www.wheelsboutique.com
David@WheelsBoutique.com
786.249.0127 ext.2109

TOP WORLDWIDE DEALER FOR HRE / Adv1/ Volk Racing/ Champion/ SpeedArt/ TechArt/D2Forged/ Vorsteiner/ Wald/ Brembo/Eibach & More
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2016, 10:20 PM

Nice wheels, just not feeling the new R8 design
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2016, 10:27 PM

The HRE P40SC wheels you put on that purple Audi R8 a few years ago looked amazing! How would they look on the new R8?

http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/au...on-hre-p40sc-1

Last edited by Azure Blue P1; 06-09-2016 at 10:31 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackl View Post
Nice wheels, just not feeling the new R8 design
In all honesty I wasn't impressed with the design update for the car one bit when I first saw the press release images. But somewhere between then and now I have fallen in love with the car. I think seeing it in person played a major part in that. Perhaps our natural instinct to go against change had a role as well. Whatever it was though, I genuinely believe this 2nd gen moved the R8 styling in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Blue P1 View Post
The HRE P40SC wheels you put on that purple Audi R8 a few years ago looked amazing! How would they look on the new R8?

http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/au...on-hre-p40sc-1

I actually JUST showed these off to a potential customer but unfortunately he does not own a 2017 R8. I do think the P40SC design plays extremely well with the body lines of this car so hopefully I'll be able to find a suitor for the idea and have photographs to share.

www.wheelsboutique.com
David@WheelsBoutique.com
786.249.0127 ext.2109

TOP WORLDWIDE DEALER FOR HRE / Adv1/ Volk Racing/ Champion/ SpeedArt/ TechArt/D2Forged/ Vorsteiner/ Wald/ Brembo/Eibach & More

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.