McLaren Life banner

Time For Us To Take A Stab At It With HRE's - 2017 Audi R8 x RS106 by Wheels Boutique

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WheelsBoutique 
#1 ·

When it comes to picking a wheel model for one of our promo fleet, the water cooler discussion of what wheels to run next can sometimes get a little heated… Do we play it safe with a style that we’ve seen over and over or do we go for something that has never been done before? Do we go clean and simple with the finish or add some color? With close to 100 different models in HRE Performance Wheels glorious lineup, the selection process can be consuming. This time however, we noticed one style in particular that hasn’t gotten very much attention – the RS106. It’s smooth spoke face and hidden hardware construction make for an elegant and sophisticated configuration, but we were missing the extra flair and panache we usually look for on a promo car - cue the finish suggestion of Polished Copper against Satin Black. It may not be for everyone but these wheels certainly fit the bill of a custom one-off order and we love ‘em for it.

Wheel Specs:
HRE RS106
20”x9” // 21”x12.5”
Finish: Satin Black Face // Polished Copper Lip
Tires: Pirelli P Zero
Front: 245/30/20
Rear: 325/25/21

Akrapovic Slip-On Line Titanium Exhaust

Please PM us for details, availability, and pricing.
Tell us what you think by commenting below!

For more photos visit: https://www.flickr.com/gp/wheelsboutique/srj7GU

See less See more
#4 ·

In all honesty I wasn't impressed with the design update for the car one bit when I first saw the press release images. But somewhere between then and now I have fallen in love with the car. I think seeing it in person played a major part in that. Perhaps our natural instinct to go against change had a role as well. Whatever it was though, I genuinely believe this 2nd gen moved the R8 styling in the right direction.

The HRE P40SC wheels you put on that purple Audi R8 a few years ago looked amazing! How would they look on the new R8?

http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/audi/pics/audi-1/audi-r8-on-hre-p40sc-1

I actually JUST showed these off to a potential customer but unfortunately he does not own a 2017 R8. I do think the P40SC design plays extremely well with the body lines of this car so hopefully I'll be able to find a suitor for the idea and have photographs to share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.