McLaren Life banner

LaFerrari Spider is confirmed

16K views 96 replies 37 participants last post by  Topspeed 
#1 ·
Several high level Ferrari insiders, including historian Marcel Massini, have confirmed on Ferrari Chat that 150 LaFerrari Spiders will be made in honor of Ferrari's 70th birthday. The LF is also known as the F70 so that seems appropriate. Congrats in advance to Ben Sloss for what I'm assuming will be his securing of one of the build slots. 150 of the luckiest people on Earth. I can't wait to see pictures.

#5 ·
If they do it, no doubt those who own the coupe will end up owning the spider. Unfortunately. :crying:

#6 ·
Although I note that I am now on 888 posts. 8 is a lucky number in China....:)

#12 · (Edited)
Last year I was looking at the drawing for the proposed 70th anniversary model which was planned as a hybrid. I originally thought it would be an update of LaF and not the drawing I had seen. More intel by the end of the weekend. May be a little more than 150 made, maybe up to 25% more.

I'm hoping to stop in a few factories after the race in Australia. Bentley, Jaguar, Bugatti and hopefully MSO. Hearing rumors of something in the works at McLaren. Maybe a few members like Andy C know but haven't read anything yet. I understand sometime in the spring will be an announcement.

Edit: Have to stop also at Ferrari to put in final spec for F12 tdf.

Reactions: smokeygt
#23 ·
cannot wait for McLaren to put out a new super car.All these speculators with a 675LT think they struck gold. it will diminish in value just like the rest and in time will hopefully go up with the rest.
Glad more spiders are coming out, i LOVE the spiders, they offer sooo much more but they are a bit more involved so the coupes always have to come out first, plus, the spiders are produced at a time when the bugs can be all worked out and a few extras thrown in

#25 ·
Paul Mackenzie has told me, "I can say categorically that there will not be a spider or any other future version of the P1. P1 production is finished."[/QUOTE]

They certainly found a creative way around that one didn't they;).
Maybe Mr. Mackenzie should have written the 675LT "coupe only" press release.

I actually enjoy the style of late 60's-70's Pagoda style Mercedes Benz hardtop removable roofs. Having said that I wouldn't mind a P1 roadster with a removable roof.

#36 ·
He may just sense that you are in a fragile state and just be toying with your emotions >:)
Come on guys, @Declan is not that kind of guy. He's been right thus far on most everything other than the LT Spider being named the CAN AM ;) He no April fooler.

Plus, who wouldn't want another center seat, road going McLaren? I can't think of anything better.

This post has been deleted
#43 ·
La Ferrari Roadster is definitely happening ;), not sure about that production number though... I wish Mclaren could solve the airintake on the roof for a targa/roadster version of the P1
Please no. :(

I know a lot of people like convertibles, but I'm against this trend. The 675LT, the Huayra BC, the Aventador SuperVeloce, the Centenario, and now LaFerrari. Let's stop there.

Some cars should only be available in Coupe form. Here's to hoping Porsche never makes a convertible GT3 RS.

This post has been deleted
#53 ·
I was thinking of putting the Ferrari invitation box and the key inside up for sale for charity. Any downside you can think of? Not selling a car or build slot just the invitation box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.