The 2016 Ford GT - Page 41 - McLaren Life
 171Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #601 of 606 Old 08-30-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
I think I mentioned this on here somewhere already but...

I had a poke around the Ford GT on the concept lawn at Pebble Beach 10 days ago. The build quality of the car looks very good. When I looked through the window (the car was locked but the window was rolled down about an inch) I was really impressed how good all the switches and materials looked inside. The leather work looked great too. It looks like a really nice drivers' car. I can't wait to get a chance to actually sit in one and then drive one!
I spent some time with the silver one at McCall's last year and was lucky to see the door open. The interior was definitely pretty spartan but looked gorgeous, lots of carbon, very well-done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 606 Old 12-04-2016, 03:52 PM
dbk
Owner

Cars
post #603 of 606 Old 12-05-2016, 01:42 AM

Cool. Jealous of those who got allocation. Maybe I'll get lucky in round 2.

Sounded OK. It's a turbo, so it is what it is. Looks are most important to me anyway, and the car looks awesome.
post #604 of 606 Old 12-07-2016, 09:28 AM
isv
Owner

Interesting article.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...sions-at-once/

I don't however think the suspension is anything quite as novel as R&T are suggesting. Pushrod suspension has been done before (cgt and aventador) and the spring setup is very neat and is what every sports car that is conventionally damped car is crying out for but again it's been used in motorsport for ages and isn't even new for a road car I think assuming the 4.0 RS runs that kind of dual spring at the rear rather than the much simpler helper + main spring that the gt4 uses. Using the ride height drop to fully block the softer spring is a pretty nifty solution on track mode though i have to say.

Would love to see how the completed road car goes anyway, does look to be a very well engineered thing for sure. I'd really love to see what completed customer cars actually weigh in at too given a lot of talk around the light weight......!
roundincircles likes this.
post #605 of 606 Old 12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by isv View Post
Interesting article.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...sions-at-once/

I don't however think the suspension is anything quite as novel as R&T are suggesting. Pushrod suspension has been done before (cgt and aventador) and the spring setup is very neat and is what every sports car that is conventionally damped car is crying out for but again it's been used in motorsport for ages and isn't even new for a road car I think assuming the 4.0 RS runs that kind of dual spring at the rear rather than the much simpler helper + main spring that the gt4 uses. Using the ride height drop to fully block the softer spring is a pretty nifty solution on track mode though i have to say.

Would love to see how the completed road car goes anyway, does look to be a very well engineered thing for sure. I'd really love to see what completed customer cars actually weigh in at too given a lot of talk around the light weight......!
The article talks a good storey, reads like their are some good thoughts behind this and they have done it their way. Isn't the bone shaking Morgan with pillar suspenders?

roundincircles

Started with Scalextric

Various 911's from 1991

650S Spider, 15 Multistrada Touring S, 16 Honda Africa Twin.

12C Coupe and Spider Now History but not forgotten
post #606 of 606 Old 12-07-2016, 01:51 PM

My read is that the springs are a mid mounted torsion bar similar to F1. And the height adjustment uses the steering hydraulics pump to change the car height and aero similar to McLaren. It is also probable that the car uses FRIC (Front to Rear InterConnected suspension)

Last edited by eMcL; 12-07-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.