Just got my Mclaren! Couple questions - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Just got my Mclaren! Couple questions

Hey guys,

My 2017 McLaren 570GT just arrived tonight! Will post some pictures soon.. got a couple questions, hopefully you guys can help me out. I've never driven a super car or anything close to it before, so beyond exciting to see what it's like.

- When I was pulling into my parking garage (kind of a steep slope), I was inching down the ramp with the car raised, and the "ESC fault vehicle limphome" error came on. After parking and turning the car off an on, it went away, but any idea why it would have come on there?

- Is there a "Park" besides the parking break? Or is that the only way to put it in park?

- Setting the time: I go to the time in the menu, select the correct time, but when pulling lever for Okay nothing happens.. If I set the time and then click back to return to menu, it doesn't save. Is there another "enter" button or something I have to push?

- I was pulled over on a street to adjust some settings and the car would start beeping randomly. I wasn't close to any other cars and it was sporadically beeping the whole time I was parked there. Any ideas what caused the beeping?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'd appreciate the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 05:08 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Just got my Mclaren! Couple questions

No idea on the limp home.

No there is no other park function.

You have to press the little button on the end of the stalk to save you changes.

Beeping is parking sensor because you're so close to the curb or something. Just press the glowing red button to disable. It will reengage next time you go slowly enough.

Enjoy the awesome car!

Last edited by MarkNC; 01-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 01:56 PM
@ChaseZimmerman
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
No idea on the limp home.

No there is no other park function.

You have to press the little button on the end of the stall to save you changes.

Beeping is parking sensor because you're so close to the curb or something. Just press the glowing red button to disable. It will reengage next time you go slowly enough.

Enjoy the awesome car!
Touching on the first, I have seen many supercars give ESC errors / faults when the car is on any sort of steep incline (I'm not talking about your typical hill, but I mean a serious slope). On all other questions, see above.

Definitely want to see some pictures of this beast! Congratulations!

Current: 2012 McLaren MP4-12C - McLaren Orange / Carbon Black
Past: 2014 Audi R8 V10 / 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante / 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost Mansory / 2010 Audi R8 V10 / 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Vorsteiner / 2009 Audi R8 V8 / 2009 Nissan GTR / 2009 Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG / 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.