New member - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-13-2016, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Hi all I'm Jamie, current drive Bmw m4. Hopefully getting a Mclaren 650s in march next year. Is this a good idea or should I wait to the replacement comes out? Also a lot of friends have been trying to push me to Ferrari/Lamborghini, anybody on here previously own either of the current models they supply, and switched to Mclaren without regret?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2016, 07:17 PM

Hi Jamie
Whats making you go for a 650s? have you tried the 540c/570s? I have recently tried a load of different cars out lambo, ferrari etc (have owned these before in older models)also tried a 650s. Have you driven a 650s? If you want a garage queen supercar to get out occasionally on dry days its great but if its to replace the M4 as a daily driver I would try a 540c/570...

Ive just bought a 540c as a daily driver and that is a bit hairy in the wet never mind what a 650s would be like?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-01-2017, 10:23 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Approximately one year ago I decided for a 650S against the 488 GTB. Since a few weeks the baby parks in my garage. Compared to its competitors: the McLaren has its own and unique "DNA", more interesting core technology, exceptionally good chassis, superior performance, more exclusive driving experience, excellent quality.
Absolute no regrets!

post #4 of 6 Old 01-01-2017, 08:16 PM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Welcome Jamie. If you are buying used I would wait until after the P14 comes out as I suspect there will be a surge of people upgrading to the new model, and you'll have more choices and the prices may be a little better.

You should test drive all these cards and see what makes your butt happier. I went in thinking I'd get a Ferrari (great cars) but after driving them back to back left with a 12C. I would do the same thing today. There are too many factors to account for and sometimes a simple drive of the cars quickly resolves them.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Recent Convert
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim300186 View Post
Hi all I'm Jamie, current drive Bmw m4. Hopefully getting a Mclaren 650s in march next year. Is this a good idea or should I wait to the replacement comes out? Also a lot of friends have been trying to push me to Ferrari/Lamborghini, anybody on here previously own either of the current models they supply, and switched to Mclaren without regret?
If you mean March 2017 buy a 650 as the P14 will only just be ready for release at Geneva
If you mean March 2018 get you name down on the P14 list and you should get a slot for delivery around then
I was in the same boat with 570 vs 650.
I went 650 because I wanted a spider and much prefer the tech in the 650

VR 650S Spider 14k miles done in 14 months!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-11-2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Keeping the m4 this will be a "garage queen" lol. I have driven a 650s once and was totally blown away with it!! Haven't driven a 458,488 or huracan yet, will give these ago before committing. But i have loved Mclaren since the f1 came out hoping i can now stretch to a 675lt and really want a convertible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.