McLaren F1 Dream - McLaren Life
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
McLaren F1 Dream

Hi All,

I am on a mission to find a McLaren F1 in the US East Coast.

I have been working for a few years now and been in contact with MANY people including McLaren employees in the US and in WOking in the UK, in regards to finding someone in the East Coast with a McLaren that would let my husband an I see the vehicle. I have even gotten an offer to tour the Technology Center in the UK if i can get the money to get over there.

You see, the McLaren F1 is his ALL TIME dream vehicle. And for our 5 year wedding anniversary I would like to find one for him too see. He has been amazing to me and extremely understanding of a physical handicap that I have and I want to make our Anniversary special by doing something once in a life time for him.

If anyone out there has any connections to help make this possible PLEASE reach out to me!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 03:33 PM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
That's very sweet. There was one on public display in NYC last summer. They get shown around from time to time.
post #3 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks! if you ever know of when one will be on display or at a show or Concourse please let me know!

post #4 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 04:44 PM
nh4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarendream View Post
Thanks! if you ever know of when one will be on display or at a show or Concourse please let me know!
Where along the east coast are you located?

-Jamie.

“I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac
post #5 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
In Western PA
post #6 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 06:08 PM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
In Western PA
I've been to Miller Motors on some mclaren customer events, and on occasion, they've had an F1 in the lot for everyone to drool all over.
post #7 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I also set up a Go Fund Me page up a year or so ago. Just look up McLaren Dream Come True
post #8 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ZombiePhysicist - Where is Miller Motors located?
post #9 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 08:20 PM

I would contact Miller in Greenwich CT and explain things to them. They can either choose to forward the request or ignore it.

You can contact REVS Institute in Naples Florida and plan a weekend. You will never be able to reach the head curator but let your request go up the chain of command. Miles Collier has an F1 in his museum and is now back open to the public on certain days of the week. On certain occasions a car or two are taken outside.

http://revsinstitute.org/

It does not have an F1 in the collection but Doc has a great collection of cars in Philly which is closer. During the warmer months one weekend each moth they have cars out in their aback lot. Some very impressive cars that any gearhead would like to see.

http://www.simeonemuseum.org/the-collection

Maybe Peloton here can give you some contact intel. I am unable and unwilling to do that. I'm sure if Ralph Lauren's curator knew he would show you the collection. If your a ditective it's easy to find but not easy to gain entrance.

http://gizmodo.com/5735616/ralph-lau...sic-car-heaven

http://jezebel.com/5724551/wouldnt-y...laurens-garage

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2011/...-garage-201101

I'm not sure where he garages his F's at this time. I think he still owed my grandfather some money from decades ago. Bedford is a small town and Bedford Hills is where one garage is located.

good luck.
Craigy likes this.

Last edited by StormBringer; 09-30-2016 at 01:31 AM.
post #10 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 09:14 PM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
ZombiePhysicist - Where is Miller Motors located?
I was at the one in CT.

https://maps.apple.com/place?address...er%20Motorcars
post #11 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 09:45 PM
nh4

Garage
Quote:
In Western PA
In Mass there are a bunch of dealerships owned by Herb Chambers. Herb the guy owns an F1. Throughout the year they have cars and coffee events at the various dealerships and he has brought the F1 to them in the past. You're probably not going to be able to make a call and get Herb on the phone, but as others have said, make your case, and see if goes anywhere.

You may also want to reach out to the F1 Owners Club and see if they have any owners near you:

https://www.facebook.com/McLarenF1OwnersClub/

-Jamie.

“I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac
post #12 of 112 Old 09-29-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you all for these suggestions! I will definitely be doing some research into these.. I have gotten pretty far in the past and even spoken with some someone from the US PR Team for McLaren and gotten an offer for a personal tour of the Technology Centre From a dealer in FL if I could get the money needed to go to UK, which try as i might i could not get the money saved.
post #13 of 112 Old 09-30-2016, 12:58 AM
McLaren Fanatic

Get on a plane, fly to Naples, Florida and visit the Revs Institute for Automotive Research. They have chassis 022 in their collection and despite the sign next to the car being slightly inaccurate, it's a fine example to see. The rest of the museum is quite wonderful as well.

Advanced tickets are required - you'll probably want to do one of the docent-led tours. Good idea to email them to verify the F1 will be on display during the time of your visit as well.

https://revsinstitute.org/

Some studio shots of their F1 here:

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collection/1995-mclaren/

>8^)
ER
ZombiePhysicist likes this.

Andy Wallace on the McLaren F1 after setting the 240.1 MPH speed record at Ehra Lessien on March 31st 1998:

"I still say this is the best car ever built, ever, and probably will never be beaten."

Last edited by Peloton25; 09-30-2016 at 01:05 AM.
post #14 of 112 Old 09-30-2016, 01:02 AM
addicted to speed

Garage
Quote:
I have gotten pretty far in the past and even spoken with some someone from the US <acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym> Team for McLaren and gotten an offer for a personal tour of the Technology Centre From a dealer in FL if I could get the money needed to go to UK, which try as i might i could not get the money saved.
do you know anyone who works for an airline? see if they can hook you up with a buddy pass/standby tickets. Fairly cheap, relative to an actual set of tickets, air bnb your stay for a weekend, and head on back. I'm fortunate enough to have a family member who worked for one, and I would fly all over the country (and occasionally international) for essentially taxes on the ticket. Yea, you might not make the first flight out, but relax around the airport, pack carry-on bags, and just wait for the next flight out.
post #15 of 112 Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 AM

[QUOTE=StormBringer;1217594]I would contact Miller in Greenwich CT and explain things to them. They can eith choose to forward the request or ignore it.

You can contact REVS Institute in Naples Florida and plan a weekend. You will never be able to reach the head curator but let your request go up the chain of command. Miles Collier has an F1 in his museum and is now back open to the public on certain days of the week. On certain occasions a car or two are taken outside.

http://revsinstitute.org/

Useless facts of the day Miles Collier is my Mom's cousin. My grandmother was his Mom's sister. My great-grandfather and grandfather were the President and VP of American Brands tobacco. They were the basis for the advertising firm father and son characters on "Mad Men."
Patricko likes this.

Last edited by Azure Blue P1; 09-30-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.