nady garage

28K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  vlcano650s 
#1 ·
my cars

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
John, thx.

Dave, different person. I live close to you though (ruby hill). If u go to c&c at Blackhawks, let me know. I'd love to check your garage/man cave. Your pink wrap Mini Cooper has put pressure on me by my wife to get one and wrap it in pink for my daughter (4 year old)

#17 ·
Dave, different person. I live close to you though (ruby hill). If u go to c&c at Blackhawks, let me know. I'd love to check your garage/man cave. Your pink wrap Mini Cooper has put pressure on me by my wife to get one and wrap it in pink for my daughter (4 year old)
Ahhh, the house looked like one near me in Alamo Springs. Ruby Hill makes more sense.... great spot, great cars, would love to get together after a Blackhawk CnC and hang out in the garage or any time you want to take a drive down Mines Rd! You have a few years to wait for that pink wrap, enjoy them!!

#24 ·
Really nice group of cars - all the right brands represented! Having taken a similar approach myself, I'm interested in how you (and others with a similar 'problem' :) ) choose which car to take and for which occasions?

#27 ·
It's a good problem to have. currently, i have 9 cars (besides the ones in the pictures; i have 2012 mercedes s550, infinity QX56, 2014 ranger rover supercharged and recent purchase of 2015 fiat abarth (bought only for the purpose of amusing my 4 year old daughter as I am going to be wrapping it in pink).

My wife drives the above cars and occasionally the bentley flying spur.

I only have garage space for four cars. Therefore, among the exotics I keep the porsche turbo S on the driveway. Because I am lazy and it is the most accessible car; it is the car i use most often. Sadly, I will be trading this in for the 675 LT.

Once I trade in the turbo S then the mclaren 650s will become the most driven.

If i have to make a quick drive to gas station or grocery store then I try to take the turbo s. If i am in no hurry then i will take the mclaren 650s. Reason is that every trip which involves a stop with the mclaren is followed by 15 minute conversation with someone about the car.

If I want to show off and use launch control to a friend then i take the turbo S.

If I a going somewhere which needs valet parking then I take either the speicale or the 650s. If I think the valet will not move the car then I will take the 650s. Reason is that it is low to the ground and i don't trust any non mclaren owner to be able to use the lift feature.

If i am in a particularly aggressive mood then i take the speciale just because i like the capristo sounding exhaust.

If i feel civilized then I take the mclaren. Mainly because I feel refined when i drive it in the normal suspension with the track transmission.

If i a taking my 4 year old daughter for a ride; then i take the mclaren because she enjoys having the top off. Can't take my 2 year old son because he can reach the drive/neutral/reverse controls

If i am taking my 2 year old son then i prefer the speciale due to him not being able to reach the controls

if i am driving by myself then i take the turbo s or the scud. Since the scud is so loud (novitec full package), I would never take it out if there was a chance that someone else was going to sit with me. No sense in driving my kids in the turbo s because the back is so small that they can't fit with the child seats.

The flying spur hardly gets driven. Mainly because when we go out as a family; the entertainment center at the back of the car can only be operated by the rear passengers and that too with headphones only. My 4 and 2 year old kid haven't figured out how to use it yet.

I like to invite my friends to drives on the weekends or cars and coffee events. There are 3 main events I go to each month. Two of them, you can bring any cars (San Francisco cars and coffee and blackhawk cars and coffee). In these two events, I will get more attention with the mclaren because there are hardly any other owners with mclaren who attend (note they both attract 700 to 800 cars). The santana row is exotics only and there will usually be 5 to 6 mclarens at the event (don't feel so special at the event).

I am most possessive of the mclaren. Not only because it drives well and I like the attention but because it is so low to the ground, I don't really trust anyone with it.

#32 ·
luckylikey; glad you enjoy your cars. it sure seems that the exotic owners enjoy/drive their cars much more then those of us state side. My neighborhood has no shortage of exotics and you hardly see any of the owners driving them consistently.

Your also lucky that you got kids of driving age. It would be a wonderful feeling going for a rally with your children.

#33 ·
thx mikey. we have a live in au pair and she was getting used to driving some of these cars and you should have seen her face when i told her we bought the abarth. she thought she did something wrong and that we were going to make her drive that car. She seemed to think she was going to lose prestige with the other au pairs if she was seen in the abarth.-:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.