Formula One 2016 - Page 18 - McLaren Life
 253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #256 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Thanks, Mikey.

Interestingly, a strict pedantic reading of those 3 articles would suggest that Rosberg violated none of them.

- not more than one change of direction,
- he was moving away from the racing line,
- he was not on a straight,
- one cannot know whether his action was deliberate, or he was distracted by his engine mode problem.

The only thing that could be argued is that his manoeuvre was liable to hinder another driver although, on that basis, in every race they'd have to penalise the entire field except possibly the Manors.

Just saying....

Declan and Craigy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Owner

Formula One 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post

27.7 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.

For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Britain View Post
Thanks, Mikey.

Interestingly, a strict pedantic reading of those 3 articles would suggest that Rosberg violated none of them.

- one cannot know whether his action was deliberate, or he was distracted by his engine mode problem.

The only thing that could be argued is that his manoeuvre was liable to hinder another driver although, on that basis, in every race they'd have to penalise the entire field except possibly the Manors.

Just saying....

Thanks @Patricko and @Mikeyb.

NB, I think that's a more selective reading of the rule rather then pedantic I think the video and below still shows that they were indeed and on a straight and for the avoidance of doubt, Lewis's entire front wing and nearly all of his front wheel was alongside Nico's rear wheel

Patricko likes this.
post #258 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Owner

What a strange species us men are. Clearly we care about this more than anybody in F1 or the FIA.

They crashed.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Patricko and Nudenut like this.

post #259 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 03:40 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Thanks @Patricko and @Mikeyb.

NB, I think that's a more selective reading of the rule rather then pedantic I think the video and below still shows that they were indeed and on a straight and for the avoidance of doubt, Lewis's entire front wing and nearly all of his front wheel was alongside Nico's rear wheel
My post was meant to be facetious, but I was mistaken in saying that the crash had not happened on a straight. They both had on so much steering lock that I thought they were still in T3, but I now see that they had exited the bend and were heading towards T4.
Attached Images

Patricko and John Galt like this.
post #260 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th element View Post
What a strange species us men are. Clearly we care about this more than anybody in F1 or the FIA.

They crashed.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
I'm F1 starved here in the US. None of my friends or co-workers watch, so this is my only outlet and let's be honest, the incident was highly controversial. The stakes are as high as they could be this early in the season. I can't wait to see how things play out.
Mikeyb, Patricko, DLC and 1 others like this.
post #261 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 04:02 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
I'm F1 starved here in the US. None of my friends or co-workers watch, so this is my only outlet and let's be honest, the incident was highly controversial. The stakes are as high as they could be this early in the season. I can't wait to see how things play out.
Do you know this forum?

http://forums.autosport.com/?_ga=1.1...707.1463170822

If you want to get stuck into discussion and debate about F1 or other Eurocentric forms of motor racing, this is the place to do it. A number of the participants are very well informed although, as one would expect, there also are some puerile morons who must be ignored.
post #262 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Same for me, though I'd add Racing starved. I like F1 but also GT and WEC A TON. None of my friends or anyone I know really likes racing or cars for that matter. I come here, a few others, and sometimes try to suffer through fchat.

Was recently put on to Motorsport Magazine and that has been awesome reading.
John Galt likes this.
post #263 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Owner
Owner

Quote:
Thanks, Mikey.

Just saying....

as long as you don't tell me that 500 examples, coupe only, means 500 spiders is ok, I am happy to run with this... ;-)

with apologies to @nh4 @Peloton25 before they ban me... ;-)
DLC likes this.
post #264 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 04:44 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
as long as you don't tell me that 500 examples, coupe only, means 500 spiders is ok, I am happy to run with this... ;-)

I can assure you that you won't hear me defending, or even being neutral about, MA's decision to make the spiders, as I have made very clear to the folks in Woking.

I don't mind their making the Formula One car as a spider, but that's different.
Mikeyb, DLC and John Galt like this.
post #265 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 05:02 PM
nh4

Garage
Quote:

I'll let it slide.... This time... But you're right on the edge man... Right on the edge.

-Jamie.
Mikeyb and John Galt like this.

“I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac
post #266 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Owner

Quote:
Do you know this forum?

http://forums.autosport.com/?_ga=1.1...707.1463170822

If you want to get stuck into discussion and debate about F1 or other Eurocentric forms of motor racing, this is the place to do it. A number of the participants are very well informed although, as one would expect, there also are some puerile morons who must be ignored.
I have not heard of this place but will check it out, thanks for the recommendation.
post #267 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 09:02 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
I have not heard of this place but will check it out, thanks for the recommendation.
With more than 50,000 racing-related threads, and hundreds of pages just on McLarens of different seasons, there is a lot of stuff there.

I want to call your attention to an amazing thread within the site on the subject of cutaway drawings.

http://http://forums.autosport.com/t...?hl=%20cutaway

There are more than 13,000 posts and thousands of individual drawings, such as this beauty posted only yesterday of a McLaren Formula One car of 45 years ago:
Attached Images

John Galt likes this.
post #268 of 593 Old 05-17-2016, 09:10 PM
Owner

Quote:
With more than 50,000 racing-related threads, and hundreds of pages just on McLarens of different seasons, there is a lot of stuff there.

I want to call your attention to an amazing thread within the site on the subject of cutaway drawings.

http://http://forums.autosport.com/t...?hl=%20cutaway

There are more than 13,000 posts and thousands of individual drawings, such as this beauty posted only yesterday of a McLaren Formula One car of 45 years ago:
Amazing. You may have guessed that I've only managed to visit the Spanish GP threads... Will save the McLaren history lessons for the summer break. Thanks again.
post #269 of 593 Old 05-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Owner

Lots of outlets are reporting that Lewis may miss the Monaco GP this weekend due to some kind of nightclub incident involving stolen pictures. When I first read it, I thought it was preposterous but it now seems to be gaining traction. I hope, whatever has gone on, it doesn't keep Lewis out of the race. Pascal Wehrlein was the driver testing the Merc last week in Monaco and could get the drive if Lewis is out.
post #270 of 593 Old 05-24-2016, 04:09 PM

Does this have to do with nudes? Hope there aren't any McLaren or Ferrari blueprints on the phone. Or for that matter any of Nico in the shower.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.