155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 12:20 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodini View Post
What is everyone doing tonight? What an amazing car.
Sharing is caring -
Kannito likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 12:41 AM

Those able to see it today, thoughts? Was your opinion of it changed after seeing it in person as opposed to the leaks?
post #63 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 02:56 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
I dont know that I will share my thoughts until a bit later to honor McLaren's request to keep things quite until the official reveal, other than to say:

First, the event was super well done, and super packed at the 4PM showing.

Second, thanks to NH4 that did a fantastic job of setting up a place for all of us to meet, drink, bs, get to know each other. Super super well done!

Third, It was a genuine pleasure to meet up with so many macheads. I cannot believe how great the driver base is. I also heard more gossip/rumors about mclaren stuff in a couple hours there (amazing what booze will do to people) than probably years here on the forum.

Fourth, there are a few interesting details about that car that will be surprises that I think will delight folks. Unfortunately for McLaren the leaks of the car...well, they had leaks and so you already got to see a lot of the design of the car. That said, the photos that were leaked were really bad at capturing the car. I mean particularly bad. Also, it's kind of crazy amazing, that several of the most innovative parts of the car have managed to escape the notice of the spy shots. It's like some minor miracle. So some parts were a real surprise, delightfully so.

So if you didn't have a chance to go to the sneak peak, wait for the official release, and see one in person... that's always a good rule of thumb to go by.

Last, for me personally, I have to digest it. Somethings were way better, some things lesser, than I anticipated. I came out clearer on some things, and a bit more unsure about others. So I don't really know what to think at the moment. Then again, I had that same feeling about the P1, and it took a while for me to appreciate how really ground breaking the P1 is...
DLC, nh4, J1n and 2 others like this.

post #64 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrM2628 View Post
Those able to see it today, thoughts? Was your opinion of it changed after seeing it in person as opposed to the leaks?
I can only say I love it even more after seeing it in person. For me it was a home run. The car is gorgeous inside and out. Nobody will be disappointed with the specs. Mclaren has upped the stakes!
Hoodini likes this.

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS UltraViolet
2015 Ferrari 458 Spider Rosso Corsa
2013 BMW M5 Alpine White Individual
2012 BMW X5M Melbourne Red
a few others....
post #65 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 03:07 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Oh one more thing I will confirm. The droopy butt in the spy photos is not accurate. There is no droopy butt.
Hoodini likes this.
post #66 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 03:15 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiePhysicist View Post

Fourth, there are a few interesting details about that car that will be surprises that I think will delight folks.
Wow, Zombie, you're starting to sound like me now!
post #67 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 03:42 AM

Thanks nh4 for hosting us. It was a blast and well done event! Mac hit it out of the ball park!!! Spent good time with a lot of folks. Won't spoil this but the 720 pics do not do it justice. Wow. Everything on car is flawless. Absolutely perfect. Will now custom order vs taking one of the launch cars early. The configurater they had sold me. The rear end of this car? Yum! Interior? Yum. Performance stats? Yum. So much glass everywhere!!! Nuff said.
nh4, Exotic_Driver and Hoodini like this.

Current stable:
2016 McLaren 570s
2016 Range Rover (Fuji white, black roof)
2016 Porsche Panamera 4S
Others

Past cars
'12 MP4-12C Stealth Package - gone but will be missed
Endless Porsche 911s, Ferraris etc....

Last edited by spourreza; 02-16-2017 at 03:48 AM.
post #68 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 AM

ZP go have a few drinks(if you indulge) and come back and spill your guts. We already know the pictures that were released sucked. When I started to hear a thinking mans car one can get worried. Now you have to think about it and let everything soak in. We can't look at a car these days and say dam that is bad ass, we have to think about it.

427 & 289 Cobra Major league bad ass

GT40 Bad Ass

720S Well let me get back to you after I think for awhile.

2017 will be EPIC! 41 years Storm wreaking havoc on roads/tracks
post #69 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer View Post
ZP go have a few drinks(if you indulge) and come back and spill your guts. We already know the pictures that were released sucked. When I started to hear a thinking mans car one can get worried. Now you have to think about it and let everything soak in. We can't look at a car these days and say dam that is bad ass, we have to think about it.

GT40 Bad Ass

What makes those cars "Bad Ass" for you? C'mon, your descriptivation is sadly lacking here.
post #70 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 07:47 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer View Post

GT40 Bad Ass

Storm you totally caught me with my pants down being PC, but I'm going to keep being PC for a bit as I think it's the right thing to do at the moment.

I will give you one counter point, the P1 is bad ass in my opinion, but when I first saw it it didn't soak in well. So that's still an example of such a car that could be bad ass even after taking a little bit of time to digest it. Also, this is based on the totally messed up demographic of "me" and other people here will clearly and likely more visceral reactions.
post #71 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 09:23 AM

Having seen the private viewing in UK I am of the same opinion as you .
Incidentally was the car seen in White ( as in UK) or new Orange .
If orange ,what are your thoughts on this colour - say compared to Volanic Orange .
Happy Days
post #72 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 09:47 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdqt458 View Post
Having seen the private viewing in UK I am of the same opinion as you .
Incidentally was the car seen in White ( as in UK) or new Orange .
If orange ,what are your thoughts on this colour - say compared to Volanic Orange .
Happy Days
It was a cool new color.

Super nova silver is to silver ice

As is chicane grey is to this new color (but much lighter overall than chicane).

So it's a different car. Every carbon option except the roof and cpillar.

Anyone that doesn't get the glass roof and glass cpillar is committing some kind of design atrocity imo. Spectacular.
Jdqt458 likes this.

Last edited by ZombiePhysicist; 02-16-2017 at 09:58 AM.
post #73 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 11:01 AM

You can spec the C-pillar? Weird.
post #74 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 PM

This thing was badass. So dramatic. I'll stop now.
Hoodini and petrobalkan like this.

Current stable:
2016 McLaren 570s
2016 Range Rover (Fuji white, black roof)
2016 Porsche Panamera 4S
Others

Past cars
'12 MP4-12C Stealth Package - gone but will be missed
Endless Porsche 911s, Ferraris etc....
post #75 of 187 Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 PM

I was at the event last night, the 7PM slot. Completely agree with ZP that Mclaren did a really nice job for unveiling event. Also agree that there are things that are awesome and at the same time items I am not so sure with the 720S. Well, I will "leak" a minor detail. It has homelink

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.