P14 Deposits Requested - Page 2 - McLaren Life
 81Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 119 Old 08-08-2016, 11:10 PM
InnerCircle
Owner
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK & Texas
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
I think you might have just got yourself excommunicated there Boxer
Wouldn't be the first time
andy c likes this.
Boxer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 119 Old 08-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Owner
 
lolachampcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: WPB, FL
Posts: 671
Tough crowd here.
Tough.
lolachampcar is offline  
post #18 of 119 Old 08-09-2016, 03:43 PM
InnerCircle
Owner
 
Nadeemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,305
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ aka that HyperColor P1 View Post
as a dealer I can tell you that I have not seen or heard anything specific about any data on the car and no data on release dates

just that...it will be a step forward.
Mclaren certainly seems to keep the USA dealers in the dark. If it wasn't for the European members leaking or hinting then we would pretty much be in the dark.

I remember seeing a press release when Ferrari re-entered India and in the press release it called the dealer "our distributor". Not sure if this is the same attitude that mclaren has with respect to the dealer network (certainly seems like it in my opinion).
Nadeemy is online now  
 
post #19 of 119 Old 08-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Owner
InnerCircle
Owner
 
f1_ubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 468
Nadeemy, As a P14 deposit placer, when I saw that you had just responded on 'new posts' I was hoping you would have some additional news for us! Alas not the case this time ;-(

BTW I'm in India right now (Delhi today and Bangalore tomorrow). Having seen the crowded roads (4 lanes marked out but with 6 lanes of cars), and the state of the road surface, I can see why McLaren don't have a dealership here!
Nadeemy likes this.
f1_ubu is offline  
post #20 of 119 Old 10-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 782
Just been advised that the P14 will definitely be launched at Geneva 2017.

Also told that dealers (certainly in the UK) have been given their 2017 P14 allocations.

Things are starting to roll

Up above the streets and houses.
zippycar is offline  
post #21 of 119 Old 10-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Owner
InnerCircle
Owner
 
f1_ubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippycar View Post
Just been advised that the P14 will definitely be launched at Geneva 2017.

Also told that dealers (certainly in the UK) have been given their 2017 P14 allocations.

Things are starting to roll

Cant wait! Geneva flight & hotel booked...
f1_ubu is offline  
post #22 of 119 Old 10-11-2016, 08:23 AM
 
Lukeylikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Solihull, UK
Posts: 1,047
Whatever anyone says, this is momentous for the McLaren brand. I've always known how difficult it is to establish a new car brand at the level McLaren have always aimed for. it is said that the second generation of a car is the one that begins to make money (for lots of reasons), and this is their first 'second' generation. Whatever the press releases say about McLaren already making money (never really believed that and as an accountant by training have good reason not to) if the P14 is a fully developed new model, then it is something to be excited about on a brand level. Whether you like the car or not is a bit immaterial because many will, and I suspect loyal customers will.

Even if the current ownership/management screwed it up from here, the brand is developed enough in terms of product, customer base, awareness etc. that it would survive by being bought/taken over by someone else. They have done the hardest bit.

I think this could/should mark McLaren's 'coming of age', and for that, McLaren deserve major credit IMV.
f1_ubu likes this.

Past - M Roadster, XKR, E46 M3, 996 C4S, 997 C2, DB9, 360 Spider, DBS, 430 Spider, California, Challenge Stradale, 12C Spider
Current - Cosworth Impreza CS400, 997 GTS Cab, Range Rover Sport, Speciale, FF
Lukeylikey is offline  
post #23 of 119 Old 10-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Owner
InnerCircle
Owner
 
f1_ubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 468
I'm just hoping that the first model - which I assume will be the base P14 Coupe - will have some 'LT-ness' as part of its character, and of course that when the P14LT eventually arrives it will do to the base P14 what the 675LT did to the 650... ;-)
f1_ubu is offline  
post #24 of 119 Old 10-11-2016, 12:27 PM
 
MitchF1GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Queensland Australia.
Posts: 1,202
570S isn't the first 'second generation' McLaren then?
MitchF1GTR is offline  
post #25 of 119 Old 10-11-2016, 02:57 PM
 
Lukeylikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Solihull, UK
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchF1GTR View Post
570S isn't the first 'second generation' McLaren then?
P14 replaces 12C/650 and so is '2nd generation', 570 is the first generation because it has no direct predecessor.

Past - M Roadster, XKR, E46 M3, 996 C4S, 997 C2, DB9, 360 Spider, DBS, 430 Spider, California, Challenge Stradale, 12C Spider
Current - Cosworth Impreza CS400, 997 GTS Cab, Range Rover Sport, Speciale, FF
Lukeylikey is offline  
post #26 of 119 Old 10-11-2016, 05:11 PM
InnerCircle
Owner
 
Nadeemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,305
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeylikey View Post
Whatever anyone says, this is momentous for the McLaren brand. I've always known how difficult it is to establish a new car brand at the level McLaren have always aimed for. it is said that the second generation of a car is the one that begins to make money (for lots of reasons), and this is their first 'second' generation. Whatever the press releases say about McLaren already making money (never really believed that and as an accountant by training have good reason not to) if the P14 is a fully developed new model, then it is something to be excited about on a brand level. Whether you like the car or not is a bit immaterial because many will, and I suspect loyal customers will.

Even if the current ownership/management screwed it up from here, the brand is developed enough in terms of product, customer base, awareness etc. that it would survive by being bought/taken over by someone else. They have done the hardest bit.

I think this could/should mark McLaren's 'coming of age', and for that, McLaren deserve major credit IMV.
Seems like you have come across some more information about the p14 -.
Nadeemy is online now  
post #27 of 119 Old 10-12-2016, 09:39 AM
 
MitchF1GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Queensland Australia.
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeylikey View Post
P14 replaces 12C/650 and so is '2nd generation', 570 is the first generation because it has no direct predecessor.
Fair point. I always considered 12C/650S and P1 to be '1st generation' and 570S/P14 '2nd generation' but that might just be me.
MitchF1GTR is offline  
post #28 of 119 Old 10-13-2016, 06:31 AM
 
chylld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 271
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchF1GTR View Post
Fair point. I always considered 12C/650S and P1 to be '1st generation' and 570S/P14 '2nd generation' but that might just be me.
Substitute 'generation' for 'monocell' and then it becomes a matter of whether it's monocell 1, 2 or 3

(assume it's too early for p14 monocell info?)

2016 Lotus Evora 400
chylld is offline  
post #29 of 119 Old 10-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Owner
 
andy c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: yorkshire
Posts: 11,121
the P14 tub will have an easy access design like the 570 ...
chylld likes this.

The (675) "Beast"
andy c is offline  
post #30 of 119 Old 10-13-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
roundincircles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Herts UK
Posts: 4,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
the P14 tub will have an easy access design like the 570 ...
I think it is a faster tub design than the 570. Has to be.

But the birth process is verrrrrryyyyyyyy sloooooooooow.
andy c likes this.

roundincircles

Started with Scalextric

Various 911's from 1991

650S Spider, 15 Multistrada Touring S, 16 Honda Africa Twin.

12C Coupe and Spider Now History but not forgotten
roundincircles is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome