The P1 LM - McLaren Life
 80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

The P1 LM

A post from Andy74B on Instagram (appears to be a repost from @the_real_lanzante):

The last P1 model to be built! XP1LM testing at Silverstone. F1 seats and styling cues. Spec to be revealed soon.....#mclaren #p1gtr #f1gtr

Seems like another small run has been ordered!

It is unclear whether or not this will form part of the GTR run or be additional cars.

Either way, the bottom right picture appears to show a UK registration plate, implying that it may be road legal.
Attached Images

Last edited by scottishxj220; 06-09-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Owner

Oh my! Tasty, for sure...
post #3 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Owner

No one's going to mention that this is yet more cars in what's supposed to be a very limited number of builds?

(Standard McLaren theme these days.)
ZombiePhysicist likes this.
post #4 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 11:36 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
No one's going to mention that this is yet more cars in what's supposed to be a very limited number of builds?

(Standard McLaren theme these days.)
Is that the case here? If this car is differentiated by after-market modifications, they would not be part of a McLaren build-run.

One is not sure how this car might relate to Le Mans or to the F1 LMs. Oh wait - this year is the 21st anniversary of McLaren's win there. Perhaps that means something to somebody.
Craigy likes this.
post #5 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 02:18 PM
JK.

I believe that they should have stopped with the P1 GTR. I mean the 'LM' in the F1 LM had a deep meaning, tracing back to it's roots in winning Le Mans. It was a road version of the race version (that won Le Mans) of the road version of the F1. The P1 GTR is not a race version... anything, it is more or less a track car, that can only be used at private events. There is no meaning to the LM moniker. The only reason, in my opinion that these should have been made, is if there were ONLY 5 commissioned by owners of the F1 LM, and I know for a fact that this is NOT the case. The F1 LM was essentially a road version of the racing GTR, made before any of the F1 GTR's had become converted back into street cars. Which makes me question why these have been built, given that the P1 GTR's are already road legal?

I dearly hope that these were not built due to an influx of requests from P1 owners or otherwise. If it is, McLaren really needs to learn that they MUST draw a line, and not surpass it. I have not really said much about the 675 LT/ Spider debacle, but now that they are adding another 25 Carbon cars, surpassing double the initial production of 500 units. Although I felt that the LT was not the right branding title, as it was used on a world class F1 racing car, I let that that go as well. As I have already addressed, in my opinion, the LM moniker should be saved for a truly special car.
Declan and LakeBeast like this.

"Not putting miles on your cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable for her next keeper."
post #6 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 02:29 PM

As a MASSIVE LeMans fan I'd be much more into this car if McLaren actually had a car in the race.

Makes me so sad. That said I'll be curious to see what they have all done to this car over the GTR.

-no McLaren...yet
post #7 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 02:41 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

The "LM" may refer to Lanzante Motorsport.
TTM0TION likes this.
post #8 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 03:07 PM

Is this not simply a GTR?
post #9 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 04:18 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
Is this not simply a GTR?
On another forum, according to a post by the owner, it has been "developed" since leaving the production line. I think that is what the "LM" is meant to indicate.
post #10 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 PM

Here we go again.
Craigy likes this.
post #11 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Britain View Post
On another forum, according to a post by the owner, it has been "developed" since leaving the production line. I think that is what the "LM" is meant to indicate.
Interesting.

I wonder if this is just some owner doing things to his car on his own time or if it is an actual McLaren undertaking. Seems more like the former but I'm sure we'll find out.
post #12 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 06:52 PM

According to this, it's a run of five cars. Wow.

http://thecoverage.my/automotive/new...-breaks-cover/
post #13 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Not only crafty but you're funny too! (P1)... "needed development?"

I have to agree with JK about the names I thought LT badge was a bit much. Are the 5 F1 LM cars the ones the Sultan bought originally?

Ok so this is the penultimate McLaren ? How many P1's in existence now.

Wonder what the next five will be named super-penultimate.

Last edited by StormBringer; 06-09-2016 at 07:49 PM.
post #14 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
What forum, are you cheating on us brov?!
Craigy and ZombiePhysicist like this.

-no McLaren...yet
post #15 of 147 Old 06-09-2016, 07:51 PM
InnerCircle

I believe this is an aftermarket conversion of a standard P1 (not GTR) by Lazante - lots of custom goodies but not a McLaren conversion.

As Lazante did/do the GTR conversions I guess they know what they are doing and it will be a quality conversion.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.