McLaren Life banner

The P1 LM

55K views 218 replies 45 participants last post by  PieGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
A post from Andy74B on Instagram (appears to be a repost from @the_real_lanzante):

The last P1 model to be built! XP1LM testing at Silverstone. F1 seats and styling cues. Spec to be revealed soon.....#mclaren #p1gtr #f1gtr

Seems like another small run has been ordered!

It is unclear whether or not this will form part of the GTR run or be additional cars.

Either way, the bottom right picture appears to show a UK registration plate, implying that it may be road legal.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Is that the case here? If this car is differentiated by after-market modifications, they would not be part of a McLaren build-run.

One is not sure how this car might relate to Le Mans or to the F1 LMs. Oh wait - this year is the 21st anniversary of McLaren's win there. Perhaps that means something to somebody.

#5 ·
I believe that they should have stopped with the P1 GTR. I mean the 'LM' in the F1 LM had a deep meaning, tracing back to it's roots in winning Le Mans. It was a road version of the race version (that won Le Mans) of the road version of the F1. The P1 GTR is not a race version... anything, it is more or less a track car, that can only be used at private events. There is no meaning to the LM moniker. The only reason, in my opinion that these should have been made, is if there were ONLY 5 commissioned by owners of the F1 LM, and I know for a fact that this is NOT the case. The F1 LM was essentially a road version of the racing GTR, made before any of the F1 GTR's had become converted back into street cars. Which makes me question why these have been built, given that the P1 GTR's are already road legal?

I dearly hope that these were not built due to an influx of requests from P1 owners or otherwise. If it is, McLaren really needs to learn that they MUST draw a line, and not surpass it. I have not really said much about the 675 LT/ Spider debacle, but now that they are adding another 25 Carbon cars, surpassing double the initial production of 500 units. Although I felt that the LT was not the right branding title, as it was used on a world class F1 racing car, I let that that go as well. As I have already addressed, in my opinion, the LM moniker should be saved for a truly special car.

#15 ·
I believe this is an aftermarket conversion of a standard P1 (not GTR) by Lazante - lots of custom goodies but not a McLaren conversion.

As Lazante did/do the GTR conversions I guess they know what they are doing and it will be a quality conversion.

#22 ·
I keep hearing 5 but I think this is a one off. What are the other 4?

I could be, and probably am, wrong.

#27 ·
Second fastest overall but the fastest road legal car.

#39 ·
Cudos to Lanzante for attempting such an endeavor. An attempt at that record would have every McLaren fan sitting on the edge of their chair. Posting a time close to 6:35 would be spectacular IMO and a great day for McLaren and their loyal supporters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.