P1 Ring Time - Page 41 - McLaren Life

McLaren Life McLaren Forum McLaren P1, F1 ::

P1 Ring Time

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #601
Owner

Name: Michael

Evo have a digital version of the magazine where the artcikes are released as they're finaihed. There are two articles, an interview with paul bailey and a vey nice chap called SSO... (!)
And also an article where they accompanied Mclaren to the ring in August. Assume the official confirm or denial must therefore be imminent. I suspect you can't rear either unless an Evo subscriber.
Mikeyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #602
Owner

I get EVO on my IPAD and that is the only way to see that I know of right now.

Current Rides:
2012 MP4-12C
2005 Ford GT
Kingfrog3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #603
Owner

To giive a flavour they intimate that the P1 should be co adorably quicker than 6.57 .. Trip was taken on the test day so not the closed track day. Sounded unreal though I have to say
Old 10-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #604
InnerCircle
Owner

Name: Mark

Subscribed to EVO on my iPad. Great story! Also a second story with quotes from Paul B, and another person waiting for theirs ("secret super-car owner") about their experience with McLaren.

Great read!

Gosh I don't think I could be any more excited about the P1!
MarkNC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #605
Owner

I met Paul B some 3 years ago at Silverstone. Then he had, IIRC, a 36 car underground garage with 32 cars in it. He said he would build/extend his garage as he never sold a car......given he buys all the new Astons, Porkers and Ferraris he must be well over 40 cars now!

roundincircles

Started with Scalextric

Various 911's from 1991

650S Spider, BMW GS 1200 Wasserboxer ,Ducati Monster 1200S

12C Coupe and Spider Now History but not forgotten
roundincircles is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #606
Owner

Name: Anthony

SSO=BOXER, or you can call me Shirley, surely.
Maxendeddy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #607
Dread man , truly dread
Owner

Back forms Seville .
Info requested is here( so as to stay on topic ) :

918 drive

FWIW I think it stupid to ban city lad for his " to annoy you " comment , he was obviously responding to constant provocation and the comment was so obviously tongue in cheek . Mods need to chill or mod fairly IMO .
Wtdoom is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtdoom View Post
Back forms Seville .
Info requested is here( so as to stay on topic ) :

918 drive

FWIW I think it stupid to ban city lad for his " to annoy you " comment , he was obviously responding to constant provocation and the comment was so obviously tongue in cheek . Mods need to chill or mod fairly IMO .
I thought City Lad was fine too. He has a lot of experience with a lot of different cars. Who cares if he likes to yank people's chains? It seemed in fun and there were only very minor personal attacks if it could be called that. I'd like to see him back.
Gerald is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #609

I guess I missed the boat for US P1 sales, but I'm still anxiously awaiting an incredible ring time

And I suspect they will release an incredible ring time

tick .... tock....
Minnesota is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #610

the car is the greatest looking automotive creation since the F1, but I do think the interior in alcantara looks .... chintzy
Minnesota is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #611
DLC
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
the car is the greatest looking automotive creation since the F1, but I do think the interior in alcantara looks .... chintzy
I kinda agree but it's real purpose, I've read, is to reduce glare. You would think they could have come up with something more attractive. It really is a "minimalist" design concept promoting its focus on racing. IMHO
DLC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #612
MmmmcLaren

My take on the Alcantara inserts/panels in the P1 interior would be as aforementioned: subtle & well-placed minimalist design elements to address the overly spartan/utilitarian interiors generally found in such platforms (namely, no-compromise hypercars such as the 288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo lineage, and the like).

Generally speaking, such focused & purpose-built "roadcars" can be a bit a bit too much w/ regards to being towards the track/GT3 side of the spectrum in terms of ergonomics, form-factor, feel, etc. Not every P1/918/LaF acquirer is Michael Schumacher, Walter Roehrl, or Patrick Dempsey. Or are they (in-spirit)?

|nsx| |mr2 spyder| |911 targa|

|McLaren is an environment where excellence is a way of life. -McRon|
Osiris_x11 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #613
Owner

Funny how opinions differ. In my view, Alcantara is the only way to go and everything else looks outdated in comparison. When I'm in a car that is full leather interior, I always feel like I'm sitting in one of those '70s puma gym bags.
6th element is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #614
Owner

we will have a bit of both... cos we're not brave in either direction... a bit of leather imo gives it a bit of stature, but the alcantara gives the sports car feel... stil feel that the pp3 and so forth with the grey alcantara was a bad choice for passenger rides for those wavering.. it does look a bit 'cheap'... all black may have been okay... the blue one you can see has a bit of leather in the interior and looks very nice I think
Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #615
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
we will have a bit of both... cos we're not brave in either direction... a bit of leather imo gives it a bit of stature, but the alcantara gives the sports car feel... stil feel that the pp3 and so forth with the grey alcantara was a bad choice for passenger rides for those wavering.. it does look a bit 'cheap'... all black may have been okay... the blue one you can see has a bit of leather in the interior and looks very nice I think
Yes, I agree mikey. I'm not a fan of all leather, personally, but a combo is nice, especially when the leather is on the high-wear areas. Well executed in the 12C, for example. I think the bare carbon in the P1 is the biz. If some of that should make it into the 12C S, I think that would be very cool, indeed.
6th element is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.