McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor - Page 185 - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #2761 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM
MPB

I bet they sell at least one with that camo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 AM
McLaren fanatic
Owner

Holy crap! Awesome shots, Alex!
The link is still not working though. I need to fix this, can someone help me out please?
post #2763 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 AM

Hasn't yet been 24 hours, but I am sorely tempted to bang up that exhaust flame shot as my next FB cover photo. Must resist..

ADW

To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. - Bruce McLaren

post #2764 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 AM
McLaren fanatic
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmclf1lmxp1lm View Post
Hasn't yet been 24 hours, but I am sorely tempted to bang up that exhaust flame shot as my next FB cover photo. Must resist..

ADW
Yep, it looks super awesome!
BTW: do you change your cover photo every 24 hours? Erik does that too. Don't forget to credit McLaren Automotive for the photo.

It's still not working.
post #2765 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC View Post
They have gone to great lengths to keep P1 on a diet. It just seems odd that they would select glass in an area of the car that should be the lightest. I believe lexan is an acceptable material in the US market.
GT3 RS rear glass I think was lexan
post #2766 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker911 View Post
GT3 RS rear glass I think was lexan
There's also another similar material in the market called Makrolon now. Lighter than glass, but more durable than Lexan. I believe the Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale makes pretty good use of it.

ADW

To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. - Bruce McLaren
post #2767 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
BIG BIG difference.

The V12 in F1 is made by BMW especially FOR the F1

The V8 in 12C is made by Ricardo especially FOR the 12C.

No other cars in the world share those engines.

Pagani just buy the regular production AMG V12 that's in every Mercedes 65s. Might be retuned but it's still the same engine.

It's the difference between having Picasso paint a special picture for you or buying a Picasso draft off the shelf and fill in the color by someone else.
Not true AMG engine in the Huayra is bespoke, only Pagani uses that specific twin turbo V12....... Not even Mercedes uses that specific engine
post #2768 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Honorary Member
InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC View Post
They have gone to great lengths to keep P1 on a diet. It just seems odd that they would select glass in an area of the car that should be the lightest. I believe lexan is an acceptable material in the US market.
If legal I'm sure it's policarbonate.
post #2769 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th element View Post
The pics I have see of the 918 interior, it does look great, but I imagine climbing from 918 to the P1, you will notice some key differences. Part of what makes the 12C interior so great is that there is nothing fussy or distracting. You feel like you are in a machine to perform the business of going fast. There's no fluff there to try to convince you that you are something you're not. There is a focus and appeal to that, that appeals to a certain type of customer, I believe. That theme looks to be carried through to the P1.

The F1 only has the extra luggage space because of the 3 seat layout, which was ruled out for the P1. And your idea of awe inspiring is a glove box??

Again, your analogies are backwards. The F150 has an evolution of the F12's engine; does that make it any less impressive? And would it be less impressive if the F150's chassis was an evolution of the F12's? Then it would be made out of metal!! See my point? The fact that the 12C provides so much high tech an amazing cockpit for its price can hardly be used against the P1! That's ridiculous.
I totally agree with you ABOUT THE 12C INTERIOR, it is the best purpose designed interior in the market. I guess if the 12C did not arrive first than yea the P1 interior is awe inspiring in it's minimalist driver focused design. but it just seems like an AMPED version of the 12C (conceding the 12C is great) and not totally BESPOKE warranting a million dollar price tag. the glove box comment was just a side note that another member mentioned, not what I meant when I mentioned AWE. the F1 had side pods with bespoke luggage as you well know, where can you put the same amount of stuff in the P1? I know the 3 seat interior can not be duplicated now, but it was unique. Nothing really unique about the P1 that you can't see in the 12C. the cosmetics has changed but that's about it.
I might have a different opinion if I sat in one, but probably will never happen
I guess for that kind of money I was wanting for more
post #2770 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 AM

I think much of the tech that' puts the p1 over and above others will not be obvious until you are driving the car.
On another note my thoughts on the interior are, simple purposeful, driving focused design without a stripped out look. In a word Perfect, for a real drivers car.
I can't wait to see all the other functionalities of the car.
Hopefully the interface allows some customisation of setting to suit individual driver styles. Would be awesome.
I just found 5 cents on the ground, only $1.49999995 million to go.

Jake,
post #2771 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 AM
MPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1TOY View Post
I just found 5 cents on the ground, only $1.49999995 million to go.
Jake,
$2.44 in change on my desk. Group buy?
post #2772 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th element View Post
From a man that certainly knows about Hypercar interiors in REAL LIFE instead of living solely on the Internet. And have to say I agree completely.
Thanks. Pictures don't really do the P1 interior justice, it is better in real life.
post #2773 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
If that time is true the P1 is STUNNING FAST.
600KG is the optimum downforce needed as a road car,it will produce more,but they have to bleed that off,but thats when its on the road

The (675) "Beast"
post #2774 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
When I visited them I mentioned that I think the sun roof could use the kind of see through sunscreen we laminated to P 4/5's glass and sent them a sample.

Hopefully they incorporate that into customer cars.
Certainly looked like it

---------------------------------------------------
Morgan Aeromax - Ferrari FF -
---------------------------------------------------
post #2775 of 4424 Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 AM

Some incredible photos of the McLaren P1 in Bahrain, by GFWilliams Photography.

More can be found here: http://gfwilliams.net/index.php/mclaren-p1-in-bahrain/

Unwatermarked versions can be found in McLaren Automotive's Facebook Album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4081716&type=1

ADW

Last edited by atmclf1lmxp1lm; 02-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.