McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor - Page 181 - McLaren Life

McLaren Life McLaren Forum McLaren P1, F1 ::

McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #2701
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 39
Default HP numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmclf1lmxp1lm View Post


Interestingly, the Odometer reads 858Km, 858.2Km by the Trip meter to be precise. Wonder where she's been running around..

ADW

Could it be McLaren that want's to give some information highway about HP numbers + KERS? KERS Button? Could it be an automatic build in function, that depends on the revs?
West Britannia is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #2702
MPB
 
MPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Britannia View Post
Could it be McLaren that want's to give some information highway about HP numbers + KERS? KERS Button? Could it be an automatic build in function, that depends on the revs?
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe the time of the clock in the top left is really the laptime around the the Topgear track?
MPB is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #2703
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
Definately felt like its completely different to me,even 4 air vents,the only thing the same are the switches,i think even the centre of the airvent is a different style.But for me the biggest thing is the airiness of the cockpit,with the overhead glass it does feel like a fighter pilot cockpit and also more roomy than the 12.

No the air vents on this are the same,but the ones ive seen are different,more jet engine turbine like!!
Any switches overhead. Is there a full length console between the glass panels?
widowmaker911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #2704
McLaren Fanatic
 
Peloton25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,558
Name: Erik
Default

No switches up there that I saw. Might have been something useful like map lights, but if so I didn't notice. The panels of glass are bisected on the inside with more bare carbon.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #2705
McLaren Fanatic
 
Peloton25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,558
Name: Erik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Britannia View Post
Could it be McLaren that want's to give some information highway about HP numbers + KERS? KERS Button? Could it be an automatic build in function, that depends on the revs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe the time of the clock in the top left is really the laptime around the the Topgear track?
Or maybe the photographer was just working really late under some hot lights in the studio and the car has been driven 858.2 Kms.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #2706
Owner
 
Mikeyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 3,455
Name: Michael
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
No switches up there that I saw. Might have been something useful like map lights, but if so I didn't notice. The panels of glass are bisected on the inside with more bare carbon.

>8^)
ER
no switches up there and nothing on the steering wheel apart from the two 'go much faster' buttons.. ! thankfully... !

second andy's comments about the glass roof... it really makes it feel like you should be barrel rolling
Mikeyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #2707
Owner
 
Mikeyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 3,455
Name: Michael
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
Yes, sometimes discussion forums can be quite predictable. To be fair, a few of the people commenting there have certainly seen the F150 interior in person. Maybe it is also a solid effort. I expect more gizmo-wizardry and a very distracting bit of kit on the steering wheel at least.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions too - and the ones you'll find there in regards to the efforts from McLaren are to be expected really. I tend to think choice and competition are a good thing. Who knows how much better the F150 will be given their more than 6 month delay, some of which must have been in response to what they'd been hearing about McLaren's project. Ferrari enthusiasts should really be thanking McLaren, right?

>8^)
ER
I wouldn't be surprised if the interiors reflect the relative purposes of the cars.... p1 definitely for road and track, with the emphasis on track and the interior therefore likewise... Ferrari for sitting in and showing your mates, while the wheels are strictly not turning...

I think the Ferrari interior will be much more about form before function and therefore more 'pretty' but proababy not what us McLaren fan boys would want..
Mikeyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #2708
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
No switches up there that I saw. Might have been something useful like map lights, but if so I didn't notice. The panels of glass are bisected on the inside with more bare carbon.

>8^)
ER
Thnx.....can't wait till they release performance specs. Hopefully one track time included
Ferrari boasting under 7min for the RING with only a select few having seen it.

Last edited by widowmaker911; 02-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.
widowmaker911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #2709
InnerCircle
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 244
Default

Am I the only one that feels disappointed by the P1's interior?

It's clearly the same MP4-12C interior with a few cosmetic surgery. There is really nothing special about it, for all we know this could have been a facelifted version of the M4-12C.

Actually come to think of it, the whole P1 is just an MP4-12C with a new skin on top and some silicon breasts inside. For the price that McLaren is asking for the P1, which is 3 times the price of the MP4-12C, I expects a lot more from them.

I was told it's gonna cost me 1.15 million to buy one, at that price, I expect a new carbon tub configuration, a new, not tuned engine from the MP4-12C, bespoke interior, etc.
Whoopsy is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #2710
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Default

the interior looks a bit boring and poor all in matt black like this, but after all it is not a big deal as it is supposed to be a raw supercar. it is just a shame it isn't more extreme in its "rawness", for instance the IP looks very thick in front of the passenger and there is no glove box.

it doesnt really look more minimalist or F1 than the one in the 12C which I think is much better looking. just more stripped out.

the console isn't integrated, all edgy when the rest in smooth, and there is this weird organic alcantara bit on the top as if someone threw a towel on the model and thought "ok, that will do"
repie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #2711
McLaren Fanatic
 
Peloton25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,558
Name: Erik
Default

Whoopsy - I think you should give it a chance in person. There is more than meets the eye in three photos.

= = = =

repie - I'm shocked - I can't believe you don't like it.

Why, again, do you bother to post here? If I wanted to read posts from a broken record of McLaren negativity, there are plenty of more entertaining people posting on FChat.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #2712
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
Am I the only one that feels disappointed by the P1's interior?

It's clearly the same MP4-12C interior with a few cosmetic surgery. There is really nothing special about it, for all we know this could have been a facelifted version of the M4-12C.

Actually come to think of it, the whole P1 is just an MP4-12C with a new skin on top and some silicon breasts inside. For the price that McLaren is asking for the P1, which is 3 times the price of the MP4-12C, I expects a lot more from them.

I was told it's gonna cost me 1.15 million to buy one, at that price, I expect a new carbon tub configuration, a new, not tuned engine from the MP4-12C, bespoke interior, etc.
Your right, with basically the same tub plus a CF roof cage, there was no way the interior could hav been radically redesigned. Lay out very similar to the 12C, but I would have to see it in person to make further judgement. would have liked to see some lightweight metal bits, maybe the door handle area where it looks like plastic instead of CF from the pics. Somebody who has sat in it make comment otherwise.......I also agree for over $1 mil the P1 better go like stink and annihilate all contenders especially you know who

Last edited by widowmaker911; 02-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.
widowmaker911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #2713
Owner
 
Mikeyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 3,455
Name: Michael
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker911 View Post
Your right, with basically the same tub plus a CF roof cage, there was no way the interior could hav been radically redesigned. Lay out very similar to the 12C, but I would have to see it in person to make further judgement. would have liked to see some lightweight metal bits, maybe the door handle area where it looks like plastic instead of CF from the pics. Somebody who has sat in it make comment otherwise.......I also agree for over $1 mil the P1 better go like stink and annihilate all contenders especially you know who
I think McLaren have a history now of posting pics that don't do justice to their product... this is another case in point perhaps... the interior feels right for the car that they are making... the performance is undoubted... track times are, apparently, annihilation

they are letting it be known about 0-180 mph in comparison to the 12c and track times relative to the gt3 car... whether we're allowed to say I suspect not for another two weeks, but it surely astonished me.. they aren't making empty promises..
Mikeyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #2714
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
I think McLaren have a history now of posting pics that don't do justice to their product... this is another case in point perhaps... the interior feels right for the car that they are making... the performance is undoubted... track times are, apparently, annihilation

they are letting it be known about 0-180 mph in comparison to the 12c and track times relative to the gt3 car... whether we're allowed to say I suspect not for another two weeks, but it surely astonished me.. they aren't making empty promises..
Agree about their mantra concerning P1, would have like to see just a LITTLE bit of LFA inside. I'm more inclined to go with the 918 interior at this time. Will see what Ferrari conjures up. Just saying. I know it's all about being driver performance focused with McLaren but for over $1milion and some change, it would have been nice to see some AWE! I might feel different sitting in it in the flesh........unlikely to happen though as I am not an A-lister
widowmaker911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #2715
InnerCircle
Owner
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK & Texas
Posts: 1,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
Not sure if these are supposed to be out yet, but here are a pair of P1 interior photos shared by McLaren Geneva on their Facebook wall:





>8^)
ER
Wonderfully focused.
Boxer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread
McLaren Life McLaren Forum McLaren P1, F1 McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 AM.