Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #2686
McLaren fanatic
Owner

Name: Mark Antar

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker911 View Post
Has a cup holder.......where's the power boost button ;0)
On the right hand side (red) and I can see a blue one that says "DRS" on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

That looks gorgeous by the way!
Mark ANTAR is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #2687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR View Post
On the right hand side (red) and I can see a blue one that says "DRS" on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

That looks gorgeous by the way!
Where do you see that......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh you have sat in it LUCKY
widowmaker911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #2688
MPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSpirit View Post
I love the quality of the interior and the door and chassis look beautiful. Not so sure why the Alcantara pieces are just so loose though over the carbon fiber dash. Looks odd. Also, not the biggest fan of the rounded top of the center console. Personally, I'd prefer it to be smoothly integrated
I agree that the top of the centre console looks odd where it meets the dash. That area in general looks a bit messy but I'll wait to see more photos. It might just be the angle the photo was taken at.

I think the general look and feel of the interior are fantastic. It's exactly what a McLaren should be. Dark, serious, to the point, beautiful, simple, elegant, timeless and useable. I'm really glad there is no 'Pagani jewelry' anywhere to be seen.

Can anyone here who's had the opportunity to sit in her comment on the fit and finish?
MPB is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #2689
McLaren fanatic
Owner

Quote:
Where do you see that......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh you have sat in it LUCKY
Not exactly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70514amclar.jpg (60.7 KB, 139 views)
Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #2690
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB View Post
I agree that the top of the centre console looks odd where it meets the dash. That area in general looks a bit messy but I'll wait to see more photos. It might just be the angle the photo was taken at.
Pretty sure that is an illusion created by reflection in the photos. Have a look at the high res versions, it looks like the alcantara piece is firmly fixed to the binnacle.
6th element is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #2691
McLaren fanatic
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th element View Post
Pretty sure that is an illusion created by reflection in the photos. Have a look at the high res versions, it looks like the alcantara piece is firmly fixed to the binnacle.
I don't think it's fixed. It would be much easier to wipe all the dust that goes underneath it if it's movable. Could be wrong though, but that would be very impractical in my opinion.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #2692

I've looked at the high res shots. Yes, the alcantara is fixed to the dash, but it is elevated off of it, possibly to increase the angle of the shadow to prevent reflection? And it doesn't seem to extend far enough to smooth the line with the top of the center console. If it was extended just a bit more, it would make the whole middle much cleaner. Easy fix for MSO, though
TougeSpirit is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #2693
MPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th element View Post
I love the alcantara bits. I just meant the 'waterfall' console doesn't seem to flow or integrate with the rest of the dash as nicely as it does on the 12c. However, I only have 3 photos to go by.

The instrument panel is perfect. Even though they've only made 3 cars, McLaren seem to kick everyones ass severely when it comes to the design of their instrument panels.

Last edited by MPB; 02-12-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #2694
McLaren Fanatic

Name: Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB View Post
There are some interesting transitions, but from inside in the positions where you'll see it most it all works great.

Quote:
Can anyone here who's had the opportunity to sit in her comment on the fit and finish?
I'd hate to judge on an early prototype, but I saw nothing that was cause for alarm. The only thing I really touched was the steering wheel and it felt great.

McLaren talk a lot about the 'A-surfaces' of this car in their discussions, meaning every visible surface of the car, and how they really focused on the highest levels of quality and detail there. Surfaces that get covered with paint or other materials might not have that perfect, uninterrupted carbon fiber weave underneath. For an added cost though, McLaren will have the ability to finish those surfaces that are traditionally covered - like the bodywork - in bare and perfectly stitched carbon. These cars will be top notch out of the factory with attention to detail - I have no doubts.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #2695
Owner

Name: Michael

Quote:
Has a cup holder.......where's the power boost button ;0)
it has two cupholders ...
and indeed two boost buttons...
Mikeyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #2696

Can you imagine a all CF finish P1? I think I need to go change my pants....

That alcantara on the dash does look like atleast the passenger side of it may be removable for cleaning but the driver side looks fixed on.
MitchF1GTR is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #2697
MPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
There are some interesting transitions, but from inside in the positions where you'll see it most it all works great.

I'd hate to judge on an early prototype, but I saw nothing that was cause for alarm. The only thing I really touched was the steering wheel and it felt great.

McLaren talk a lot about the 'A-surfaces' of this car in their discussions, meaning every visible surface of the car, and how they really focused on the highest levels of quality and detail there. Surfaces that get covered with paint or other materials might not have that perfect, uninterrupted carbon fiber weave underneath. For an added cost though, McLaren will have the ability to finish those surfaces that are traditionally covered - like the bodywork - in bare and perfectly stitched carbon. These cars will be top notch out of the factory with attention to detail - I have no doubts.

>8^)
ER
Thanks. I figured it might just be the angle of the photo.

By the way, and off-topic, It seems that the interior of the P1 already lost the comparison test against that of the yet-to-be-released F150 over on Fchat. That place is funny.

Last edited by MPB; 02-12-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #2698

You can't sway that much bias MPB
MitchF1GTR is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #2699
McLaren Fanatic

Name: Erik

Yes, sometimes discussion forums can be quite predictable. To be fair, a few of the people commenting there have certainly seen the F150 interior in person. Maybe it is also a solid effort. I expect more gizmo-wizardry and a very distracting bit of kit on the steering wheel at least.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions too - and the ones you'll find there in regards to the efforts from McLaren are to be expected really. I tend to think choice and competition are a good thing. Who knows how much better the F150 will be given their more than 6 month delay, some of which must have been in response to what they'd been hearing about McLaren's project. Ferrari enthusiasts should really be thanking McLaren, right?

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #2700
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
Well from these two photos at this resolution the biggest distinction is that the passenger doesn't have to share the center air vent this time.

Seriously though - I had said it was a familiar space, and it should be, but when you get to examine the details you'll see how much different it is and will know it's in a different league altogether.

Andy or any of the rest of the people who've had the privilege can chime in - I don't think you'll hear a different summation.

>8^)
ER
Definately felt like its completely different to me,even 4 air vents,the only thing the same are the switches,i think even the centre of the airvent is a different style.But for me the biggest thing is the airiness of the cockpit,with the overhead glass it does feel like a fighter pilot cockpit and also more roomy than the 12.

No the air vents on this are the same,but the ones ive seen are different,more jet engine turbine like!!

current 997 turbo+bentley GT,Mclaren 12c
past
911e, 911t, 911 sc, 911 3.2,911 964 mod supercharged, db7, 996 turbo mod, 996 turbo more mod, V8vantage, 997 turbo mod

Last edited by andy c; 02-12-2013 at 02:20 PM.
andy c is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread
McLaren Life McLaren Forum McLaren P1, F1 McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.