McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor - Page 172 - McLaren Life

McLaren Life » McLaren Forum » McLaren P1, F1 ::

McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #2566
InnerCircle

How you know your video is awesome: When it blows someone away so much that they make mistakes they don't normally make. I think that's a 9000RPM redline, not 9 gears..

PS: Thanks for the tip MikeyB

PS 2: Erik, mind if I borrow your shoe recipe book for a bit?

“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.” - Bruce McLaren

Last edited by atmclf1lmxp1lm; 02-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
atmclf1lmxp1lm is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #2567
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeride22 View Post
Well Andy C you beat me to the line with your posting, you must be driving the new P1. Cheers....����
Maybe im driving a Mclaren,and your in lewis,s new car

current 997 turbo+bentley GT,Mclaren 12c
past
911e, 911t, 911 sc, 911 3.2,911 964 mod supercharged, db7, 996 turbo mod, 996 turbo more mod, V8vantage, 997 turbo mod
andy c is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #2568
McLaren fanatic
Owner

Name: Mark Antar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmclf1lmxp1lm View Post
How you know your video is awesome: When it blows someone away so much that they make mistakes they don't normally make. I think that's a 9000RPM redline, not 9 gears..

PS: Thanks for the tip MikeyB
I guess your iPhone has stopped working too.
Mark ANTAR is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #2569
Owner

Name: Michael

I wanna know what the blue shift light is for...
guess I find out tomorrow..
Mikeyb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #2570
InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR View Post
I guess your iPhone has stopped working too.
Lol. Kay, lemme try that again..

Well, most precise I could get with a final try is 2.1 seconds for 0-84Km/h.

“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.” - Bruce McLaren

Last edited by atmclf1lmxp1lm; 02-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #2571
Owner

interestingly I guess powertrain and handling are in track mode, but you see the 'normal' rev counter... i guess the shift lights must be manually switchable somehow, otherwise you would have thought they'd be automatic when you select track/track

and am guessing temperature is an issue when running at max attack otherwise we wouldn't have the temperature front and centre

edit: i guess we have race mode also, as opposed to track/track which we are currently used to

Last edited by Mikeyb; 02-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #2572
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmclf1lmxp1lm View Post
Damn, you beat me to it!! That is AWESOME stuff.... I was literally rendered speechless when I watched it.

And my expression was like this LITERALLY

I LOVE the shift lights, and the graphic shown when the wing deploys and configurations are switched from Road to Sport / Sport to Race / Road to Race.

A 9000RPM redline looks pretty wild too.

That hardcore engine note is pretty mind-blowing too.

Amazing stuff!

The sneaky folks faded it out just before it got to 100Km/h though, so can't time that... But at least we know 1st gear will get it to around 84Km/h. And judging by my iPhone's timer, after a few repeated timings to get it right, that was 0-84Km/h in 2.1 seconds.... Which means we're potentially looking at a low sub-2.5 second 0-100Km/h time..

(Post edited for accuracy of information)
Assuming the tires don't slip ;0)
widowmaker911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #2573
InnerCircle

I know my first unedited version of that post wrongly mentioned a 9 speed gearbox, and although that sounds like a tad too many gears to play with on the road, after some discussion with other folks, I also wouldn't discount the possibility of McLaren doing something extraordinary and revolutionary with the transmission to make something like that possible. They are, after all, all about pushing the boundaries of what is possible in a road supercar.

I think what we're seeing here is what I'd like to call The F1 Effect. Back in 1992, the F1 pretty much blew everyone's minds in terms of what was possible in a road car, and it reset the rules and goalposts of supercar design and engineering by such a huge margin that it was nearly unbelievable. And history has a habit of repeating itself..

Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #2574
InnerCircle

http://www.autoweek.nl/nieuws/22099/...tos-mclaren-p1

Interestingly this P1 XP prototype seems to be running around without the additional vents behind the front wheels, although it might not actually need them depending on what it's testing.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #2575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
interestingly I guess powertrain and handling are in track mode, but you see the 'normal' rev counter... i guess the shift lights must be manually switchable somehow, otherwise you would have thought they'd be automatic when you select track/track

and am guessing temperature is an issue when running at max attack otherwise we wouldn't have the temperature front and centre

edit: i guess we have race mode also, as opposed to track/track which we are currently used to
You're right. Have you seen how the height of the car is lowered from the "track" mode?

I bet that there will be a more extreme mode.
burntrubber is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #2576
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrubber View Post
You're right. Have you seen how the height of the car is lowered from the "track" mode?

I bet that there will be a more extreme mode.
difficult to know.. in paris they were referring to the car being in track mode, which i think corresponds to the lowest you see here..
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
difficult to know.. in paris they were referring to the car being in track mode, which i think corresponds to the lowest you see here..
Just trust me... I've got my sources . Why do you think that they are talking about "Race ready"?
burntrubber is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #2578
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrubber View Post
Just trust me... I've got my sources . Why do you think that they are talking about "Race ready"?
agreed makes sense..
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #2579
MPB

I like the look of the instrument panel. Clean and simple, just like the 12c. McLaren really kick-ass when it comes to designing dashboards. F1, 12c, P1 are all fantastic.
MPB is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #2580
DLC
InnerCircle
Owner

Also to note in those photo's is that they are using a totally different mechanical system to deploy the rear wing. Interesting.
DLC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread
McLaren Life » McLaren Forum » McLaren P1, F1 » McLaren P1 - Mega Mac-F1 Successor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.