• 1 Post By ima2nr
  • 2 Post By Iron5
  • 3 Post By Ritesh

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-18-2017, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hey Guys....I'm Back!

Hey Guys,

Just saying Hi. Hadn't been on here in a while. I kept having issues logging in when the new passwords were mailed out.

Anyways - How is the 12C group holding up? Who has upgraded to a 650 or made the move to the 570s. Who is waiting on the 720S.

I have owned my 12C - S for almost 4 years now. I have only 7700 miles on it. Lately I have been debating of getting something different but just can't seem to find anything that I truly love.

Ritesh.
andy c likes this.

12C- Spider, Maserati GT - Convert., NSX, Spec Miata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-18-2017, 01:48 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

If you still love the "look" of your 12c, then you should just improve the "feel" of the car with a tune! give her 100+ more HP with an ECU tune for less than 5k invested, or go the Full Monty and spend 30k with Hyper Car Development and take it up to P1 territory with 840 HP!

Either way it will give you that new car thrill again! for a lot less than trading it in and buying something else.... It's like falling in love again all over, but with the same gal.

the old saying is "It's cheaper to keep her"... applies in the world of exotics as well. :-)
str8blst likes this.

- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Graphite Gray (his)
- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Brilliant White (hers)
- 2016 Tesla P85d w/Ludicrous mode
post #3 of 5 Old 05-18-2017, 06:19 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

I get the same itch after about a year of ownership. I love the look of the 12C (better to my eye than the 650 and 570) and the 720 is not realistically available for some time. As was said, spice up your love rather than burning much more cash on a new ride.

Just ordered a set of Larini sport cats to settle the nerve. We will see how long it takes for me to get the itch again...

post #4 of 5 Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
The 12C is a masterpiece, apart from a few small "children's diseases" its architecture has enabled the successful market entry of McLaren and is still today benchmark for the super car market. All subsequent derivatives do not differ significantly from a 12C in regards of driving behavior and performance capabilities. This car forms the basis of the Mclaren DNA, it is hard to find something really different in the McLaren product portfolio.

My recommendation: If you still like the 12C-design (what I do) drive and enjoy continuously your baby!
ZombiePhysicist and 1YOUNG1 like this.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-21-2017, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Good Points.

Honestly - I truly love my 12C. I prefer its styling to the 650/570. I considered trading it in for a 570 since it has IRIS 2, CF Tub version 2 and new car warranty but the 570S has its own issues(you would think McLaren would have gotten it right the 2nd time). Then I decided I was gonna get a Ferrari instead. I have always had a thing for V12 Ferraris so I started looking at a F12. The F12 has more HP and TQ than a 12C but in reality it is an inferior product. It really doesn't have any class leading technology. The lack of tub, not being a spider, being more of a GT cars means it wont perform like the 12C either.

I am going to focus on fixing up the garage(Supposed to do that 3 years ago) and wait on the sidelines. I know that is boring but I have a nice mix of cars in my garage and don't really need anything.

Thx for letting me vent.

Ritesh.
ZombiePhysicist, 1YOUNG1 and Iron5 like this.

12C- Spider, Maserati GT - Convert., NSX, Spec Miata

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.