Just picked up my Hyper800 12C! WOW! - McLaren Life
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
Just picked up my Hyper800 12C! WOW!

Just picked up my newly reborn Hyper800 12C this weekend. OMG! What a joy to drive! It feels like the car just woke up from a 5-yr slumber and is now ALIVE! Before the build, it felt tame and reserved. Now it is a BEAST! Insanely fast and sounds incredible! The turbo spooling noises and the helicopter sounds from the intake when coming off boost (like the P1) are intoxicating. The power is intense and so smooth. Not scary to drive at all. It retains all of the driveability it had preHyper but now is just so much more fun. I highly recommend Hypercar Development to anyone interested. They did an incredible job (and it only took a week), and I am extremely pleased to say the least. I had a chance to open the car up on the Long Beach Grand Prix track this weekend, and it was incredible. The build was done in Los Angeles as I live in San Diego. I will post pix of the build as well when I get a chance.

DO THIS IF YOU CAN! IT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING YOU CAN DO TO YOUR MCLAREN!

Amateur cell phone video (You can tell from our comments and laughter that we were having a blast): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS8f...ature=youtu.be
Attached Images

Kamran, Neil, VividRacing and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Owner

Great....

Now I'm gonna spend more money. I have to get into one of their cars ASAP.
RonMathMD likes this.

2012 12C | Elite Pearl White | Sports Exhaust | IRIS2 | Alcantara | Carbon Fiber Interior, Mirrors, Turning Vanes, Engine Bay 1 & 2

Instagram: @troysowers
YouTube: Troy Sowers
post #3 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 AM
addicted to speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Great....

Now I'm gonna spend more money. I have to get into one of their cars ASAP.
Pretty sure they're on the forum here, but I'm also friends with one of their detailing sponsors/partners in the DC area, who I believe is going to have them overhaul his 570GT when it comes in. Could likely put you in touch with my buddy, or the Hypercar guys can chime in, themselves.

post #4 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 09:43 AM
AWH

Congrats on a nice upgrade. Always good to hear success stories.
post #5 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 01:22 PM

Wow! So great to hear that. Vbox data would be awesome, if possible. Would love to see 0-60 and quarter mile numbers from that package. Congratulations!
post #6 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Owner

Will need some sticky tires to get that beast to launch with minimum spin! Congrats! Regardless of some spin, the 60-130 and quarter trap speed should show the added power.
RonMathMD likes this.
post #7 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 02:31 PM

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more about this beast! Hypercar is doing some great things with Mclarens! What other mods does your car have?

2015 McLaren 650S Mantis Green
2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition BoostLogic 750X
2012 Audi Q7 SCV6 S-line
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2007 Audi RS4 APR 1740SC
post #8 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Owner

Nice! Please post some performance numbers if you can.
post #9 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
I don't have a VBox or any good non-CHP roads around here in San Diego. Would like to do a 60-130. I think my 0-60 and quarter mile times might not be the greatest since I have 21"x12" 3-piece aftermarket wheels with 325/25/21 Pzeros. I love the look, but they aren't the stickiest of tires.

Nonetheless, I can say that the seat of my pants tells me this car is SOOO much more than it was before. The torque is incredible and so smooth. The Hypercar Development guys did tune this for me for CA 91 octane and as a road car rather than a straight-line racer. They will custom tune for your needs if that is what you're looking for.

I will post some pics of the build next.
post #10 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
Getting ready for the build. At AutoConcierge in Los Angeles. They are just a couple of blocks away from AutoGallery/McLaren BH. I had my annual service done at McBH first, then Thad picked the car up from them. McBH was nice enough to have my car transported to them at no cost to me. Thad took the car back to McBH when they were finished so McBH could replace my accumulators.
Attached Images

post #11 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
Some of the parts. Iconel exhaust was ceramic coated. 900 HP race cats with heat blankets. Other parts are proprietary inc the cooling system and intercoolers, so I didn't post those
Attached Images

post #12 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
Tear down

The car underwent a complete health inspection prior to the build. Tear down took only 4 hours and they provided pix of everything for me on a Google Drive.
Attached Images

post #13 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
I decided to replace the spark plugs while they were there. Probably could have left the stock ones, but what the heck
post #14 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
This really impressed me! I have an aftermarket HS bumper that had some gaps with the front underbody. I had used track tape to seal up some of the gaps, but they didn't like my "tape job". I also knocked off the passenger side wheel well spoiler and tore the underbody. Furthermore, I scrape it a lot on my driveway as the car is lowered 3/4" and the lip is lower than stock.

The Hypercar guys took in upon themselves (at now additional cost to fix all of the gaps and the underbody panel. NO MORE TAPE! YAY! And no more gaps. Really impressed me that they went the extra mile here.
Attached Images

post #15 of 42 Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
2012 12C Coupe - VR

Garage
Exhaust and cooling plumping going in
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.