McLaren Life banner

McLaren service online parts

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  17bhub 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

Does anybody know where can I buy online factory MP4 service parts such as oil filter, clutch filter and transmission filter?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

#2 ·
No place online that I know of but San Francisco McLaren parts department is really good with pricing and will ship to anyone. Friendly parts guy.
650-815-4480

#3 ·
Best place to start is buy a Service Manual to see which items are generic. HINT, the fluids used are not made out of McLaren Gold Dust. ;)

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/28434-mp4-12c-service-manual-available.html

The Manual above will tell you specifically what you need, how much is needed, and will show you how to do the procedure correctly, including pictures and torque specs. The cost of the book was easily recouped on my first oil change.

For the parts not available off the shelf, call up your closest Mc Dealer and make a friend in the parts department. They will gladly sell you the parts needed for your annual service (should be an oil & filter change, brake fluid flush, 2 new air filters and a windshield wiper blade IIRC).

One last thing. Once you have serviced the McLaren yourself, you will have to visit the Authorized Dealer because at this time only they can reset the Service Reminder displayed in your instrumentation cluster.

#8 · (Edited)
In the past, I've seen oil filter kits, air filters, etc sold by some dealers on eBay. Your best bet is just to call dealers direct and shop around.

I've seen some parts significantly cheaper on eBay after I had purchased them at my local dealer, so there is no "set price."

BTW, this old thread had some insight on oil change parts: http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/m...s-suggestions-mclaren-mp4-12c-oil-change.html

#9 ·
Thanks for reposting that link!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.