Brock Yates' One Lap of America 2016 - Page 2 - McLaren Life
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 22 Old 05-01-2016, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
AWH

Nice pics, Doc. Thanks for stopping by.

Ended up finishing mid-pack, right with all the other Bridgestone RE-71R shod cars. Michelin PSS ruled the day, as the wate was deeper than usual. The test track pad has sprinklers with constant flow, but today Mother Nature added her two cents.

Made the transit over to Pittsburg through heavy downpours (oh joy), where we run the full course tomorrow. Going to be wet again, but not as cold (70's). Forecast just keeps getting worse with the rain now forecasted to last for three more days were we are headed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 05-01-2016, 03:53 AM

Garage
Pics are 3.5MB each so I down sized them to 1.2MB to upload but they uploaded at 37KB???? I'll give you a flash drive with all 80 pics at high resolution next Saturday.
Good luck and I hope the weather gets better.

I'm so glad that one of our members made it to this event!
post #18 of 22 Old 01-10-2017, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
AWH

Back to the top with this thread. Much track work for this car over the past year, and we are now prepping for the 2017 edition.

Route this time will include Memphis International Raceway, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Carolina Motorsports Park, Dominion Raceway and Gingerman. We've been getting out for some recon to those tracks we haven't been to before, so here's a couple iPhone/Harry's vids of those...

Road Atlanta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfKzGHdzlM

Sebring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fNyozRyS4

Car is still bone-stock, except for Pagid pads and RE71R tires.
eMcL likes this.

Last edited by AWH; 01-10-2017 at 06:07 PM.
post #19 of 22 Old 01-11-2017, 04:38 AM

Nice runs and looks fun. What happened to the cel? Hope the car is still running strong
post #20 of 22 Old 01-11-2017, 09:14 AM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWH View Post
Back to the top with this thread. Much track work for this car over the past year, and we are now prepping for the 2017 edition.

Route this time will include Memphis International Raceway, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Carolina Motorsports Park, Dominion Raceway and Gingerman. We've been getting out for some recon to those tracks we haven't been to before, so here's a couple iPhone/Harry's vids of those...

Road Atlanta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfKzGHdzlM

Sebring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fNyozRyS4

Car is still bone-stock, except for Pagid pads and RE71R tires.

post #21 of 22 Old 01-11-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
AWH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstkill View Post
Nice runs and looks fun. What happened to the cel? Hope the car is still running strong
Still there. Car hard-faulted with one session to go on Sunday. Was actually glad that happened, as during the previous visit to the dealership, they swapped the MAP sensors between the two banks to see if the fault moved with the sensor or stayed with the bank. Just got word late-yesterday that the fault stayed with the bank...so the fix still eludes us.

I was already going to drop the car off in Houston anyway since it needs a Drive Line Damper (DLD)...which is a fairly common issue among early cars as the miles accumulate. Random Misfire OBDII codes even at idle on the street, or on-off part-throttle modulation on the track. Oh, and my IRIS II screen lost its "touch". So that's also getting done.

I absolutely adore driving this car, but the ongoing, unsolved problem is frustrating.
post #22 of 22 Old 01-11-2017, 03:49 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Looks like a great time! I'll have to check the schedule to see if I can make it down to Dominion when you guys come through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.