McLaren Life banner

XPEL pattern with front parking sensors

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Kerry 
#1 ·
I'm keen o get XPEL paint protection on my 12C before I start using it on the Scottish roads. My local detailer is an XPEL agent, but says he doesn't have a pattern with parking sensors, therefore cannot do it. He also doesn't seem to have a bonnet pattern with the logo badge (his one has the square badge). I was just wondering if anyone had XPEL put on a 12 C with parking sensors and the logo badge to prove the pattern or a work around must exist?

#3 ·
I don't suppose you know if the holes were pre-cut or cut once the film was put on the car.

My local guy is a detailer and is not happy about cutting holes on the car. I can understand that, but if it's the only option it might have to be considered.

I'm following up with XPEL and he will do the same when the US are open for business.

#4 ·
Unfortunately I have no idea on whether they were pre-cut or not.
Looking at them they are very well done, I would have thought it's quite hard to get pre-cut holes in the correct place when they are stretching the wrap though.

#8 ·
The kit you've linked to only has the cut outs for the head lamp washers, not the parking sensors...

If the installer can't cut around the sensors and needs a template, I would recommend looking elsewhere for a more experienced and skilled installer.
If I don't want to cut on the paint then that's my choice. I have a lovely 64" plotter sat in my office that will cut much nicer holes than a human could so why wouldn't I seek out the correct pre-cut pattern first?

There's a couple of members on here that have had their car PPF'd by myself in recent weeks who I'm sure would confirm that there's nothing wrong with my skills 0:)

#9 ·
If it's the guy I'm thinking about his attention to detail is second to none and has done 2 of my cars, no point cutting film on car it will never look as good as the correct template. :)

#10 ·
Mine came without the holes and is a bloody mess...also the pattern was 1" short at the bottom,so it is being done again,waste of my time and all down to XPEL not listening and taking two weeks to get the film to the detailer,whom had to email the States to get their finger out........XPEL..if you are listening sort yourselves out !!!!

#15 ·
Correct the mirror caps look rubbish but it's the same as any other company for those due to the shape, the side skirts are fine though, a stone isn't going to chip in that gap. Think my car the badges were removed are reapplied over the top

#17 ·
That's what I'm saying, if the shop can't get the mirror caps right without a template, then I don't want them doing my car. I don't know but I'd be surprised if @neoprufrok 's LT has his mirrors partially covered. Takes a lot of experience and skill to get the whole car covered, not just any Xpel retailer can do it.

And as far as the logo goes, I don't think it's only about the low possibility of a stone getting in such a tiny area, it's about the small details and making sure it looks perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.