McLaren 675LT Carbon Series or MSO HS? - McLaren Life
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 01-07-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

McLaren 675LT Carbon Series or MSO HS?

Hi guys,

I've only been on McLaren Life for a couple of weeks now, but I have read a range of great discussions and thought I would start my own. The question I wanted to ask is: if you had the choice, would you rather a 675LT Carbon Series or a MSO HS and why?

(This is my first post so please do inform me if I've done anything wrong, cheers! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 01-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles.H View Post
Hi guys,

I've only been on McLaren Life for a couple of weeks now, but I have read a range of great discussions and thought I would start my own. The question I wanted to ask is: if you had the choice, would you rather a 675LT Carbon Series or a MSO HS and why?

(This is my first post so please do inform me if I've done anything wrong, cheers! )
Easy ... The CS could have been bought by anyone who wanted it ...The MSO HS was by invite only , so it goes without saying that if you are thought of that highly by McLaren , then that's the Club you would want to be in ......from an asthetic point of view , then you can't beat a scoop , from an engineering point of view , it's an individual bespoke engine too .
scottishxj220, Craigy and Miles.H like this.

The (675) "Beast"

Last edited by andy c; 01-08-2017 at 02:08 PM.
post #3 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 AM

You'd probably have taken either one or both if you could get them. Today and tomorrow. So then it's just about price and availability. For me, it was do you want one of 500 spiders or one of 25 carbon spiders. That part was a no brainer. As I dearly love my roof scoop coupe, the MSO high sport decision would have been less easy, until and unless one becomes available.
Nadeemy likes this.

Groovy baby!

post #4 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 06:30 AM

a HS could also be full carbon sooooooooo HS >>> CS

McLaren Enthusiast
Keyboard Warrior
post #5 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 02:41 PM

HS in full carbon is probably an options too, so...
post #6 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 03:41 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
Easy ... The CS could have been bought by anyone who wanted it .
Not necessarily true.

Different criteria for different markets.
post #7 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Owner
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post
Not necessarily true.

Different criteria for different markets.
Indeed. Believe the balance of HS were allocated by mso themselves (as in the Ones that didn't go to original commissioners). The carbon LTS were given to dealers to allocate to the customers as they saw fit. Not sure anyone could have bought it, in fact am sure you had to be 'someone'.

Afaik, only one person was offered both. And even that was with a bit of arm twisting.

As to the OP's question of which one to have. Well.., I guess am a little biased in that regard and don't therefore have a valid opinion :-)
post #8 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
Indeed. Believe the balance of HS were allocated by mso themselves (as in the Ones that didn't go to original commissioners). The carbon LTS were given to dealers to allocate to the customers as they saw fit. Not sure anyone could have bought it, in fact am sure you had to be 'someone'.

<acronym title="As far as I know">Afaik</acronym>, only one person was offered both. And even that was with a bit of arm twisting.

As to the OP's question of which one to have. Well.., I guess am a little biased in that regard and don't therefore have a valid opinion :-)
Suppose I was seeing it from my point of view, as in I was offered one, but really wanted to be offered the other ,which in spirit I was..and I'm hanging on to that number 26
Mikeyb likes this.

The (675) "Beast"
post #9 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
Suppose I was seeing it from my point of view, as in I was offered one, but really wanted to be offered the other ,which in spirit I was..and I'm hanging on to that number 26
Some of the dealers didn't even know about it. The one's that did had to lobby mclaren n.a. for it and give a little write up of why their customer deserved it...

let's just say that an additional requirement then had to be met.
post #10 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 05:41 PM

MSO HS but I believe it was a lot more $$.
post #11 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 05:55 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
MSO HS but I believe it was a lot more $$.
There was no meaningful "exclusivity premium" for the HS. I don't know what a full carbon LT spider cost, but it would not surprise me if it was more than the price of an HS with paint.
post #12 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 06:02 PM

675 LT Spider was $550K in what must be top spec.
post #13 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 06:06 PM
McLaren Fanatic

On the LTS Carbon Series I just don't find myself loving a fully bare black carbon car. They do look impressive given the efforts involved, but I just don't yearn for the look of carbon fiber quite that much to drape an entire car in it.

I think it could have been interesting to do one where the painted areas were all gloss carbon, and the areas traditionally left in carbon were instead done in satin. I'm sure there are others who would shudder at that idea, but I think the contrast would have been cool. It appears that two LTS CS owners were able to get portions of their cars tinted and they look great, but the majority look to be gloss black and that's not my thing.

All that said, joining the MSO HS club would have been it for me, without a doubt. Even better is the fact that no one else chose my preferred spec so I would have fit right in.

>8^)
ER
andy c and Mikeyb like this.

Andy Wallace on the McLaren F1 after setting the 240.1 MPH speed record at Ehra Lessien on March 31st 1998:

"I still say this is the best car ever built, ever, and probably will never be beaten."
post #14 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone2 View Post
In carbon, and exclusive of sales tax?
post #15 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 06:45 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by noone2 View Post
That would be on the low end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.