32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 06:52 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post
That would be on the low end.
Okay, so you are talking exposed carbon bodywork.
Unless there were large US embedded expenses of which I am unaware, $550k (exclusive of tax) was more than the cost of a painted HS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 07:08 PM
McLaren Fanatic

I don't think noone2 was referring to the Carbon Series price. Just the standard batch of 500 Spiders.

This LTS at McLaren BH has the bare carbon roof and an MSRP of $541K including all the MSO touches.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOx8U0LA3q9/

>8^)
ER

Andy Wallace on the McLaren F1 after setting the 240.1 MPH speed record at Ehra Lessien on March 31st 1998:

"I still say this is the best car ever built, ever, and probably will never be beaten."
post #18 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Britain View Post
Okay, so you are talking exposed carbon bodywork.
Unless there were large US embedded expenses of which I am unaware, $550k (exclusive of tax) was more than the cost of a painted HS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
I don't think noone2 was referring to the Carbon Series price. Just the standard batch of 500 Spiders.

This LTS at McLaren BH has the bare carbon roof and an MSRP of $541K including all the MSO touches.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOx8U0LA3q9/

>8^)
ER
The all carbon 675 LT spider is a little bit above what noone quoted. There was still some interior options that you could add. It wasn't all carbon in the interior. You had to add those pieces as an option.

nb; i'm surpirsed at the cost of the MSO HS. I do know the cost of one of them which had a pretty nice paint job and it was substantially higher then $550K.
Peloton25 and Craigy like this.

post #19 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 PM

There couldn't be that many options left. I mean, technically the sky is the limit since you could ask for a vast amount of bespoke MSO, but if you actually like a relatively normal trim with standard switches and colors, there aren't going to be many many expensive options.
post #20 of 46 Old 01-09-2017, 09:56 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post

nb; i'm surpirsed at the cost of the MSO HS. I do know the cost of one of them which had a pretty nice paint job and it was substantially higher then $550K.
I'm not sure what went into the HS to which you refer. It was possible on the HS, just as on any other McLaren, to piss away loads of money on all sorts of cosmetic abuse.

Put it this way: like-for-like, the HS was less than 20% more than an equivalent LT coupe. (For that <20%, you got the rear wing, canards, engine stuff, track pack, change-up lights, and maybe some other stuff that I can't recall.)

I don't know what an LT spider in full CF cost, but I suspect that it was a good bit more than 20% above a painted LT coupe.
post #21 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone2 View Post
675 LT Spider was $550K in what must be top spec.
The one I saw at McLaren houston last week was $580.
post #22 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 05:47 AM
Track Rat Advocate
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
my flurple 675LT had about 90k of MSO on it.

the Carbon series cars I was told were a 150k or 200k type "base price increase", so a pretty significant margin. any options, stripes, tinted coat etc on top of that easily push the car over 600k.

the MSO HS that I am aware of was higher priced than that...but to be fair the car does have a brand new rear wing which took them some fiddling to work and as we all know the roof scoop option is an easy 50k.

I would assume that the MSO HS and Carbon Series cars are very similar in price, within 50-100k when all the stuff is tabulated...
Miles.H likes this.

me: /P1, CGT, 675LT-S, 997RS, 911R /
wife: /PTS 991RS, 350R SUV stuff/
+2 rescue dogs

Dealer Principal- McLaren Scottsdale/Porsche Fresno
Team Owner- CJ Wilson Racing
post #23 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Out of the two, I'd definitely go for the HS.

It would be a very interesting test to see the HS v a standard LT v the 'Full Fat' LTs (roof scoop and louvres etc).

Does anyone know if the full Carbon cars save any weight at all over a standard LT Spider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
On the LTS Carbon Series I just don't find myself loving a fully bare black carbon car. They do look impressive given the efforts involved, but I just don't yearn for the look of carbon fiber quite that much to drape an entire car in it.

I think it could have been interesting to do one where the painted areas were all gloss carbon, and the areas traditionally left in carbon were instead done in satin. I'm sure there are others who would shudder at that idea, but I think the contrast would have been cool. It appears that two LTS CS owners were able to get portions of their cars tinted and they look great, but the majority look to be gloss black and that's not my thing.

All that said, joining the MSO HS club would have been it for me, without a doubt. Even better is the fact that no one else chose my preferred spec so I would have fit right in.

>8^)
ER
Three coloured Carbon Series cars have been delivered so far, with a fourth rumoured: they are full blue, blue with red stripes, and blue with CF stripe with gold pinstripes.

The is also one Carbon Series LT Spider with gloss where the paint 'should' be, and matte CF on the normal panels. It looks very good!

My favourite non-coloured Carbon Series LT Spider has to be the first one from McLaren Glasgow which has the P1 Carbon Series look: red contrast and pinstriping.

I will have to check once home, but I am relatively sure that the pictures other blue cars cannot be posted yet.
Blue with CF/Gold: @sbsupercars
The Glasgow Car: @Jonnydouglas
Attached Images

petar143 likes this.

Last edited by scottishxj220; 01-10-2017 at 12:29 PM.
post #24 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 02:52 PM
InnerCircle

This one does look pretty stunning.
https://www.facebook.com/McLarenBeve...0327108313519/

But I do like the HS
Attached Images

scottishxj220 likes this.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens
post #25 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 02:57 PM
InnerCircle

Quote:
Put it this way: like-for-like, the HS was less than 20% more than an equivalent LT coupe. (For that <20%, you got the rear wing, canards, engine stuff, track pack, change-up lights, and maybe some other stuff that I can't recall.)
You forgot the roof scoop

The cost is irrelevant to me, I can barely afford the t-shirt!

They are both fantastic cars, as are all McLarens. enjoy.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens
post #26 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 03:17 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You forgot the roof scoop

The cost is irrelevant to me, I can barely afford the t-shirt!

They are both fantastic cars, as are all McLarens. enjoy.
I didn't forget that but, at the same time, I should not have stated the track pack ,which was available as an option on the LT.

The features I was highlighting were ones that were not available as options on LT, and therefore we cannot put a specific price on them. What I was trying to say was, "An LT with the options of a snorkel, front wing vents, roll bar, etc., cost 'X'. On the HS for an additional <20% you got all those options plus the rear wing, canards, etc."
scottishxj220 likes this.
post #27 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 PM
InnerCircle

Thanks for the clarification. It does seem good value.
post #28 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 05:36 PM
isv
Owner

Quote:
I didn't forget that but, at the same time, I should not have stated the track pack ,which was available as an option on the LT.

The features I was highlighting were ones that were not available as options on LT, and therefore we cannot put a specific price on them. What I was trying to say was, "An LT with the options of a snorkel, front wing vents, roll bar, etc., cost 'X'. On the HS for an additional <20% you got all those options plus the rear wing, canards, etc."
You probably weren't wrong actually as iirc the roll bar was not available for 675s that ordered the roof scoop I think.
post #29 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 05:52 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishxj220 View Post
Three coloured Carbon Series cars have been delivered so far, with a fourth rumoured: they are full blue, blue with red stripes, and blue with CF stripe with gold pinstripes.
I haven't seen the full Blue one yet. The other two look pretty fantastic.

Quote:
The is also one Carbon Series LT Spider with gloss where the paint 'should' be, and matte CF on the normal panels. It looks very good!
I just knew it was too good of an idea to be original. If you can point me to any photos that would be great.

>8^)
ER

Andy Wallace on the McLaren F1 after setting the 240.1 MPH speed record at Ehra Lessien on March 31st 1998:

"I still say this is the best car ever built, ever, and probably will never be beaten."
post #30 of 46 Old 01-10-2017, 06:27 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Speaking of...

$448,000 worth of options on this 675 LT Carbon Series Spider bringing the grand total to $820,000.

Money well spent?

>8^)
ER
scottishxj220 and petar143 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.