McLaren Life banner

Paint Protection UK?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Nudenut 
#1 ·
Thinking ahead to delivery day here...

Any thoughts on what might be a worthwhile level of paint protection? Something to keep the stone chips at bay, a more overall protection or just leave things in the lap of the gods?

Be handy to know what my options are.... thanks in advance.

#2 ·
My car is scheduled to arrive next week and I have asked the dealer to do the pdi but to not detail the car as I'm sending it straight away to have paint correction and detail then xpel ultimate full wrap including xpel film on windscreen followed by cquartz crystal application. So both protection and polish over the protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I wrapped the entire car, and I'm glad I did. In my part of the world the roads are never truly clean and the car does kick up a fair amount of dust and debris. Driving with the windows down, I hear everything ding off the side of the car. Knowing it's wrapped, it doesn't bother me, if it wasn't, I'd lose my mind!

Another plus for the full wrap: the adoring public. The car will attract attention, lots of it. For me, all of it has been positive, and a wrap will only do so much against someone motivated to be a jackass, but there is a world of middle ground. Things like people leaning against the car for a selfie, zipper from a jacket hitting the door as someone leans in to look at the interior... Normal stuff that can happen from people not caring or not paying attention.

Full wrap isn't cheap, but for me, the peace of mind from having it was well worth the expense.

-Jamie.

Reactions: Dash
#5 · (Edited)
I only wrapped the suggested points - being front end and side inlets, but wish I'd gone for a full wrap!!
I have stone chips on the top of the wings and even on the air brake!!

I've had to have the leading edges of the door touched up too!

I have done 30k miles and not been particular on what roads I've taken- if its wriggly on the map then its the way I go :)
Had it been a garage queen then maybe the front end would have sufficed.

As you can see, mine is Azure blue and it doesn't detract the colour at all.
Paintshield did mine prior to collection and have redone the front since!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.