Anyone indivisual order ?? - McLaren Life
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 03-15-2017, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Anyone indivisual order ??

I had been offered a 720s launch package from a McLaren Seoul dealership but decided to indivisual order.
The dealer said that the indivisual order slot has not yet been opened. Anyone knows about indivisual order, when it will be opened.
The prices are set for all overseas countries, and information seems to be open. Being frustrated because it has not provided any information to date.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 03-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Owner

Looks like end of 2017 or beginning of 2018 before customer spec cars will start arriving at dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 36 Old 03-15-2017, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Looks like end of 2017 or beginning of 2018 before customer spec cars will start arriving at dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McLaren Seoul dealers say that the indivisual 720s will arrive as early as September to October 2017. Before that, a slot for the indivisual order must be opened, but it seems to be still unattractive. Dealers say there is no information yet, but I want to know if this is happening in other countries except Korea.

post #4 of 36 Old 03-15-2017, 01:48 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugnminAn View Post
McLaren Seoul dealers say that the indivisual 720s will arrive as early as September to October 2017. Before that, a slot for the indivisual order must be opened, but it seems to be still unattractive. Dealers say there is no information yet, but I want to know if this is happening in other countries except Korea.
I was at San Francisco dealer today. The only thing I saw in their internal order system was the launch cars. They don't have any dates for build weeks, etc for any cars other then the launch cars. Your dealer is correct and is consistent with what I saw today.
post #5 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 11:49 AM

Correct. Dealer focusing on launch cars. So order sometime in June and get custom model in 4q/1q. That's if no production delays.

Current stable:
2016 McLaren 570s
2016 Range Rover (Fuji white, black roof)
2016 Porsche Panamera 4S
Others

Past cars
'12 MP4-12C Stealth Package - gone but will be missed
Endless Porsche 911s, Ferraris etc....
post #6 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 01:30 PM

Going to dealer next week to spec and will update on what they say.

Assuming it will be alone the same lines of what spourreza stated.

cheers
post #7 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spourreza View Post
Correct. Dealer focusing on launch cars. So order sometime in June and get custom model in 4q/1q. That's if no production delays.
That is what I understand too. I am being told that the launch edition cars will be released in may/june. Individual customization cars will begin production is aug/sept with delivery in oct/nov. I am coming back to the Mclaren world and put my order in this morning. I was told the actual orders for customization will start in May but they "have me in the system". I canceled my 488 gtb order earlier this week.
f1_ubu likes this.
post #8 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraft3003 View Post
That is what I understand too. I am being told that the launch edition cars will be released in may/june. Individual customization cars will begin production is aug/sept with delivery in oct/nov. I am coming back to the Mclaren world and put my order in this morning. I was told the actual orders for customization will start in May but they "have me in the system". I canceled my 488 gtb order earlier this week.
Congrats.

I spoke with several F car dealers this week on a 488. I was shocked how many brand new (not punched, not titled--NEW) 488's dealers have. They don't advertise them, but they have them. I counted 5 unclaimed, and that wasn't talking to a lot of dealers. Straight MSRP. Will be interesting to see how the secondary is on 488 in the next 12 months.
post #9 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 02:58 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTX View Post
Congrats.

I spoke with several F car dealers this week on a 488. I was shocked how many brand new (not punched, not titled--NEW) 488's dealers have. They don't advertise them, but they have them. I counted 5 unclaimed, and that wasn't talking to a lot of dealers. Straight MSRP. Will be interesting to see how the secondary is on 488 in the next 12 months.
Dealers will have them and they definitely won't advertise them. Key question is will they sell it to a brand new customer to their dealership without a prior buying history. They would sell them pretty fast if they would sell it to anyone. However, my experience is that they want an existing customer to take them or if it's a totally new customer then they have to play ball and become a customer first before they'll sell them a brand new car like the 488.
post #10 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post
Dealers will have them and they definitely won't advertise them. Key question is will they sell it to a brand new customer to their dealership without a prior buying history. They would sell them pretty fast if they would sell it to anyone. However, my experience is that they want an existing customer to take them or if it's a totally new customer then they have to play ball and become a customer first before they'll sell them a brand new car like the 488.
Never bought from them and more than willing to 'sell outside of area'. One dealer told me they had to 'pad my file' but it's a rubber stamp. Not as hard you might think. Not saying all dealers will but two were willing to play ball no issues. Fun times.
Nadeemy likes this.
post #11 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 03:11 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTX View Post
Never bought from them and more than willing to 'sell outside of area'. One dealer told me they had to 'pad my file' but it's a rubber stamp. Not as hard you might think. Not saying all dealers will but two were willing to play ball no issues. Fun times.
Nice and thx for the info.

My local dealers do inform me when they get an unclaimed car (TDF, 488) but if I don't want it then I can't just pass along the information to my friends. They definitely want to control who gets them.
GTTX likes this.
post #12 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeemy View Post
Nice and thx for the info.

My local dealers do inform me when they get an unclaimed car (TDF, 488) but if I don't want it then I can't just pass along the information to my friends. They definitely want to control who gets them.
One of the reasons I am coming back to Mclaren is that I got very frustrated with the Ferrari way of doing business. It is an amazing business model and only they can get away with it. I went from a 12c to a 650s to a Huracan and eventually to a 458 spider. Had to go with pre-owned in order to get on the list for the 488. I gave them 20k last year and was told middle of this year for delivery. Fast forward a few months and now being told Q1 of 2018. Having a history of only 1 ferrari makes you very low on the list. They do have a number of high MSRP cars that they would be willing to let go for MSRP. With the lower MSRP they are still charging a premium (but prices are dropping). Asking them to pay attention to you is like trying to pull teeth. I had forgotten how nice it was to deal with Mclaren and to be treated with respect.
dennis, Kamran, Nadeemy and 4 others like this.
post #13 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 05:03 PM

I am also speccing a 720S and wanted members advice .
Manual or Electric Seats .
Previous 570s had manual alcantara seats - did not miss electric .
Is it important to have --Electric Seats / Sports Exhaust / BW sound -- in the 720s - which will be more important , especially for resale ??

Last edited by Jdqt458; 03-16-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Additional info
post #14 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdqt458 View Post
I am also speccing a 720S and wanted members advice .
Manual or Electric Seats .
Previous 570s had manual alcantara seats - did not miss electric .
Is it important to have --Electric Seats / Sports Exhaust / BW sound -- in the 720s - which will be more important , especially for resale ??
I went manual/sports/bw sound. I am the only one who ever drives it so the electric seats are not necessary. I do not think it makes a huge difference in resale.
post #15 of 36 Old 03-16-2017, 06:26 PM
InnerCircle

Saw my first 720S on the road today, hopefully I'll get one on film soon.
bdl99 likes this.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.