I drive a 650s spider and am adding a 720s. (more than likely keeping my spider) My game plan was to switch the 650s for a 675lt spider. My question to you gentlemen that have experience in the LT coupe and LT spider, is the spider lacking compared to the coupe?
Depends what you consider lacking.
There's pros and cons and no clear winner. Driving wise they feel pretty much the same. I think the coupe looks like nicer overall - especially with the roof scoop. The coupe has some extra storage space behind seats which is a great place to put a jacket or some extra clothing but also makes the cabin feel roomier. But the coupe has the big plastic window which reflects a lot of light in funny directions so it makes visibility through the rear-view mirror a challenge at times. The LT Spider has the same glass rear window as 650S Spider so rear-view mirror visibility is pretty good. The Spider lets you put the rear window down so you can more clearly hears the pops and bangs of the exhaust. Of course the Spider is a convertible and if you want open-air driving there's nothing that can substitute for that.
Also in comparing 650S Spider to 675LT Spider:
- The suspension on the LT is better than that on the 650S because it still eat up the bumps but doesn't have the "floaty" feeling of the 650S
- The steering on the LT is better than the 650S; faster rack, more direct feel
- The LT come standard with Trofeo tires which tramline far less due to the stronger sidewalls but don't have much grip when they're cold and aren't good on very wet surfaces
- The LT has more power than the 650S and feels more responsive
- If you want a louder exhaust sound (it can be a negative if you don't) the LT has it
- The LT is lower in the front so you need to use the lifter more often
- The LT has a wider turning circle so it's less fun in tight parking lots and making U-turns in narrow streets
I think a 675LT Spider and P14 coupe would be a great combination of cars. Use the Spider when you want exhilarating top-down driving and use the coupe when you want a more comfortable and luxurious experience or when it's cold/wet outside.