Rmitchell248 spider - Page 2 - McLaren Life
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Love what you've done with the carbon roof - wish I'd thought of it as I didn't like the whole thing in carbon but it's too late for me now.

Every hat I own is off to you Sir!!

Well done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 01:47 AM
Owner

Nice moves
post #18 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 03:17 AM

Looks good. Glad to see someone finally realizing the car looks much better with body colored buttresses and the window frames. I have no idea why people get the front pillar body colored and the rest of the roof black. Looks weird.
iLLGT2 and Kannito like this.

post #19 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Owner
Owner

Really love what you've done with your spider Robert. Think it's the best solution for the roof, buttresses and rear deck I have seen. Beautiful. Well done. Look forward to seeing it in person one day ! Not to blow smoke up his a**e but having @Mark ANTAR look at various options at ones leisure rather than the spec'ing process really helps. Let's hope that the new configurator will help all of us too ! @MarkNC
andy c and Mark ANTAR like this.
post #20 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Owner

Orange and blue sibs really work individually and together. If only you could dive them simultaneously! Perfect cat and mouse.
post #21 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Owner

Stunning spec Robert, love every bit of it Nice choice of wheels too as not a huge fan of the OEM spider wheels.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh ! A quick visit to Stuttgart might be in order
post #22 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone2 View Post
Looks good. Glad to see someone finally realizing the car looks much better with body colored buttresses and the window frames. I have no idea why people get the front pillar body colored and the rest of the roof black. Looks weird.
I do support that view!
post #23 of 32 Old 07-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Recent Convert
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by noone2 View Post

Nicely done OP
When I fancy a change on the 650 I might try some thing similar

VR 650S Spider 14k miles done in 14 months!
post #24 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
That looks fantastic!

Is the exterior carbon matt or glossy?

Thank you Mark

After much debate i went with Matt carbon. My goal was to build a "pretty" car especially after designing a more racy coupe. The one thing I could not do however was get away from the Matt carbon fiber. Id looked at gloss, blue tinted carbon etc etc and kept coming back to the Matt finish.
post #25 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcohenmd View Post
Looks great. I was debating doing the roof carbon and painting the window frame as well. It as hard to figure out he inside of the buttress but I like your choice. The other option I was considering was to see if they would do the A pillar in carbon. I gave up and skipped the carbon roof.

It took a lot of time to sort out how to lay each part out. The roof is not easy and it's simple to say that the standard carbon roof does not flow. I want everyone to enjoy their cars but as with my coupe I waited long to show my design in hopes that it can stay relatively original:-)
post #26 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
Really love what you've done with your spider Robert. Think it's the best solution for the roof, buttresses and rear deck I have seen. Beautiful. Well done. Look forward to seeing it in person one day ! Not to blow smoke up his a**e but having @Mark ANTAR look at various options at ones leisure rather than the spec'ing process really helps. Let's hope that the new configurator will help all of us too ! @MarkNC

Thanks Mike. I'm sure you'll see it around! Hopefully not so far out but at a minimum at the ring event next year.

It was a lot of fun designing. I didn't once turn on the configurator and sent the final specs to mark last week. Instead time was spent looking at the coupe thinking how to lose the gaudiness and make it prettier. Next time I suppose I could use those tools better to make my life easier.
post #27 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh4 View Post
Wow, you're going to have quite good looking LT siblings!!!

-Jamie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken993 View Post
Orange and blue sibs really work individually and together. If only you could dive them simultaneously! Perfect cat and mouse.

Maybe I'm crazy but if planned the two cars going together in the garage from the time I finalized the coupe in Orange. I figured they should really compliment each other. This is one reason the orange car has only orange accents and the blue car is only blue.
post #28 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDc View Post
Stunning spec Robert, love every bit of it Nice choice of wheels too as not a huge fan of the OEM spider wheels.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh ! A quick visit to Stuttgart might be in order

Let me know when and we can meet up!
post #29 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Owner

Very well thought out Mate.....looks superb ,and I don't usually like the awkwardness of a spider ...Great !

The (675) "Beast"
post #30 of 32 Old 07-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Owner
Owner

Garage
great colour scheme Robert, when do you get it ?

Hmmm...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.