McLaren Life banner

My 675LT has just arrived

8K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  f40-r 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Chassis #411, this car is just sinister!

I'm loving it from every angle... Pics attached and I will upload an episode on the arrival later this week.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Now don't listen to Andy states black is indeed a faster car. It was proven some time ago by a mathematical expert.

Nice ride, however that Confederate flag is so politically and socially wrong..

#19 ·
The most offensive thing, to me is being judged, juried and convicted without so much as a second thought. The second most offensive thing is having my first amendment rights curtailed by some misguided attempt at what's right or wrong on, of all things, social media.

Sir, you don't know me nor I you. While I have a long list of god forsaken places where I stood up for what this country stands for and I have family currently doing the same, I don't make wild assumptions about anyone else.

While we may have agreements and disagreements about these cars, whose very ownership by the privileged very few is offensive to a certain movement, we should leave much of politics, political correctness and judgement to other forums. I mean "forum" in the "real world" sort of way not what passes for "social" these days.

I also point out a certain other group in the world that enthusiastically destroys any monument or historical artifact just because it doesn't fit their narrative. It just happened in Palmyra. I assumed we are better than that. Political correctness is our sharia law, with all due respect to my Muslim friends.

It's history, not hate. Understand that.

Oh and I own a Confederate CX3 Hellcat.

While we're at it, the word "stormbringer" has offensive connotations as well. It would be very popular on a little "forum" I've read about in the media called "stormfront" I hope you're not a member there. Actually I don't care if you're a member there as we are here—presumably—to discuss these wonderful cars that we have the privilege of owning.

#21 ·
I'm with StormBringer on this one......

If you post a pic online with something perceived to be controversial (by at least some), ya gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to the ensuing comments.

You can't post a pic - on social media- and then cry foul when someone turns around and judges you - on social media.

Welcome to the internet. People form judgments based on what they've got, which in this case are the pics you posted.

Badass LT by the way OfNo!

#22 ·
So when you post a pic on social media you have to physically remove or photoshop anything that might give offence? Too politically correct for me, how does one show context in a photograph? Anything can give offence if people choose to be sensitive. People are selective about their history, if you go back far enough everyone has a potential grievance against many other nations/groups. Lets all move on (doesn't mean you have to forget or that bad things didn't happen). There are enough current issues which we should be more concerned about! THIS IS A CAR FORUM! Just so were clear I do not advocate the worship of cars, they are fun though!

#24 ·
Dynamic traction control in sport-sport on damp surfaces makes for fun. Trouble is you don't know if you caught it or it is all down to the traction control (mind you two corrections in quick succession so maybe it was all me). Gets the adrenalin pumping and makes the passenger go quiet! Long wait to get on track and try DTC in track-track. Reading the reviews I wonder if I will ever turn off the traction control on track. Never used traction control in the past even when the car had one, but this car is so quick and I would hate to bin it!

Car now run in so more pops when changing at 8000+, you guys with roof scoops must be deaf, can't believe the noise with a normal roof. You will need the crash helmet to protect your hearing!!! :D

#31 · (Edited)
I'm going to say something then maybe ask the moderators to remove all the comments about the confederate flag. I'm not even sure who's garage it is that the flag was flown in.

Stormbringer AKA BC as his friends call him has served and still serves in some ways in the military. In fact a special unit within SEAL TEAM 6 was called the Stormbringer unit. I put in over 20 years as a Naval Aviator and have known BC since 1988 when we left the service at about the same time.

I see it this way BC mentioned what had happened with his wife when he visited his friends ******* garage(who is also special forces) and gave a friendly warning to what others may view that flags meaning. Sort of if you have have snot in your noise or your zipper is open ans you tell someone not to embarrass them. Now it would have been fine but others have to comment on this and blow it up.

#1 In the US State flags have been altered to rid us of this reference.

#2 If a large segment of citizens in the US view this flag as racist, slavery, you pick the term, then why would you insult them and others.

#3 It's ignorance at the very least. These yahoos in Florida with the pickup trucks displaying that flag think they are rebels. Give me a break just a bunch of jerks.

#4 Students are getting kicked out of universities for displaying this flag not to mention losing a job over what you posted on your FB account.

SB went to his friend and told him how his wife reacted since she was AA and he really was clueless about it. What's the problem guys? That flag unless your family served and is of historical signifigance, represents ignorance at the very least in this country. We are all ignorant of something in our lives. I don't think some of the responses here are even worthy of a response from Brian and certainly are ignorant of the stormbringer's history.

Funny thing is has any of the members here thanks BC for his service? No I didn't think so. When Congress wanted to lower the requirements for SEALS membership he was there to testify that the PC method is not going to work. If you make it easier to join then you make it easier for them to quit under heavy pressure. I just wanted to add that.

I also noticed when a tough question is asked everyone has to chime in. I was just reading that Atlanta managers thread and that was a simple question why all the comments of a hard question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.