McLaren Life banner

Trailering the 675LT - Fender to fender width to narrow for 675 width?

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Meegle 
#1 ·
So I want to buy a aluminum open bed trailer to drive my various cars to shops/tracks/etc. Nothing fancy - don't have room for a big enclosed one. But Featherlite makes trailers with the widest fender to fender measuremetn of 79". Any thoughts on how wide the front of the 675LT is? I assume the 82.5" listed is the rear of the car.

#6 ·
After substantial Googling, I still believe it's 75.1", but I'm also open to the possibility of being wrong :D

McLaren's website seems to indicate that the body of the 650S (not including mirrors!) is 2093mm:

But I'm still trying to figure out what dimension they're referring to with 1908mm. Seems to me that 1908mm (75.1") refers to the width of the rear fenders at their widest point.

IMO, a more plausible explanation is that McLaren messed up the brackets in the overhead diagram, so 2093mm is the width including mirrors and 1908mm is the width without mirrors. The difference between those two measurements is 185mm, which is 7.2". Seems like the mirrors stick out from the body about 3.6" each side, right?

#5 ·
I like how the McLarens are narrower. The Huracan is about 88 inches with mirrors and the Aventador is around 89 inches with mirrors. 82 seems much more manageable in day to day situations. And that aerial view picture shows how little of the mirros stick out past the body of the car. It always seemed to me that the mirrors stick out extremely far which would make the car unmanageably wide, but that is not the case.

#8 ·
I am installing a bendpak double wide (!) hoist for my garage. The aluminum inserts need to be ordered based on a wide or narrow setting. Has anyone 100% confirmed the dimensions?

I guess I can always measure it when I get home tomorrow :)

#9 · (Edited)
You're going to want the BendPak lift in the wide-ramp configuration for an LT (or any other wider-bodied sports car).

On wide setting, the ramps have 42" between them. Add 19" width for each ramp = 80". The LT outside rear tire width is ~76" I believe.

You don't want your rear tires off the sides of the ramps for obvious reasons.

FGT has ~ 76.5" outside of tire to outside of tire width to illustrate. Pics from another FGT owner.

Narrow (37") ramp setting - BendPak HD-9

Wide (42") ramp setting - BendPak HD-9

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.