McLaren Life banner

650S rear spoiler raising

12K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Iron5 
#1 ·
All,

My first post, so please be gentle;)

Had my 650s Spider for a couple of weeks now and realised that there are a number of shortcuts/functions/Tips that are not as simple as pressing the button i.e. open the drivers door is two short presses on the fob and passenger door is a long press on the fob. Anyway I was looking on YouTube and seen a guy fully raising his rear spoiler up and down when stationary. Anybody got any tips on how to do this?

If I show my mates the rear spoiler raising when the car is stationary, the thing will not go back down unless I drive it! Not handy when I want to put it's cover back on:(

Cheers, Andy

Way up in the Highlands of Scotland with our amazing NC500 on the doorstep.

#3 ·
its a long hold on the aero button as I recall (to cause it to go back down while parked)

#5 ·
I'm positive it can be lowered while standing still in your garage - hold the aero button for at least 5 seconds and it will lower

#10 ·
I thought I read that the car in that video was hooked up to a laptop that ran a test cycle causing the wing to rise and lower.

#16 ·
The airbrake will be activated if you brake hard over 95km/h. And there are two more states which activate the air brake: by a strong negative longitudinal acceleration e.g. by releasing the gas pedal from high speeds and with a strong vertical acceleration, for example, when driving over a mountain knoll.

Small hint, read the manual, page 2.44 ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.