Tarocco Orange vs Ventura Orange - McLaren Life
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Patricko
  • 1 Post By stockguru

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-13-2016, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Tarocco Orange vs Ventura Orange

I tried searching the forums but am having a tough time finding a comparison between Tarocco Orange on the 650S and Ventura Orange on the 570S. I've seen the VO in person and loved it, but am coming close to buying a 650S in TO sight unseen and just want to make sure that these two colors are as similar as I think they are. If anyone who has seen them both in person has any input, I'd sure appreciate it. Or if you happen to have a photo of the two taken side by side, that'd be great as well. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
I tried searching the forums but am having a tough time finding a comparison between Tarocco Orange on the 650S and Ventura Orange on the 570S. I've seen the VO in person and loved it, but am coming close to buying a 650S in TO sight unseen and just want to make sure that these two colors are as similar as I think they are. If anyone who has seen them both in person has any input, I'd sure appreciate it. Or if you happen to have a photo of the two taken side by side, that'd be great as well. Thanks!
I think they are very different. The TO is a lot more red. VO has what looks like gold flake when the sun hits it, I don't think TO did that.
Kannito likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-14-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricko View Post
I think they are very different. The TO is a lot more red. VO has what looks like gold flake when the sun hits it, I don't think TO did that.
adding on to this here's the flake
Attached Images

McLaren Enthusiast
Keyboard Warrior

post #4 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 12:00 AM

Here's a shot of volcano, McLaren and tarocco orange together. I've included a couple of shots I took of Ventura to show the flake as above. Hope they help?
Name:  IMG_2799.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  49.8 KBName:  IMG_2189.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  307.5 KBName:  IMG_2191.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  268.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 02:15 AM

Hmm, I'll have to take a photo of them together.

Ventura Orange is close to McLaren Orange; Tarocco Orange is more reddish and saturated.

Ventura:

Tarocco:

post #6 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 04:45 AM
Owner

I love tarocco. Both are awesome you can't go wrong. But if I was ordering a car from scratch it would be tarocco. Its like a creamsicle (and who doesn't like a creamsicle, seriously)..
post #7 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 09:50 AM
J1n

Here's mine with a mc org and torocco in a different light. Ventura has more sparks whilst mc orange is flat
Attached Images

post #8 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Owner

To my eyes Tarroco has a touch of burnt orange in there but we all see colours differently.

roundincircles

Started with Scalextric

Various 911's from 1991

650S Spider, 15 Multistrada Touring S, 16 Honda Africa Twin.

12C Coupe and Spider Now History but not forgotten
post #9 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

It doesn't help that I'm also colorblind! To me, TO and VO look very similar. MO looks way lighter and flatter as others have mentioned. But to the person above who says TO looks like a creamsicle, are you sure about that? I thought MO is the orange that looks like a creamsicle...

I also own a 2014 Viper TA in "TA Orange." I love this color orange. The 2015s have a different orange called "Y'Orange" which I absolutely hate. To me, this looks like a creamsicle and looks like Mclaren Orange:

NVMcLaren likes this.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-15-2016, 07:19 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

[QUOTE=stockguru;1209281]It doesn't help that I'm also colorblind! To me, TO and VO look very similar.

I think the photo that @J1n posted below shows just how red TO is vs VO or MO. VO and MO are a similar shade of orange where TO is very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Here's mine with a mc org and torocco in a different light. Ventura has more sparks whilst mc orange is flat
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.