McLaren Life banner

The 650S Can-Am has arrived!

8K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Kinetic 
#1 ·
A Mars Red 650S Can-Am has arrived at McLaren San Francisco! I thought you guys might like to see some photos :)

If you'd like to own this car, please contact our sales department ;) >:)

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Nope, it's mechanically the same as any other 650S.

This is the nicest Spider there is. But I don't understand that a car limited to 50 was not sold to a person, rather a dealer. I think that is plain wrong.
Well, I'm not sure what you're implying, so I'm not exactly sure how to respond, but maybe it would make you feel better to know that this car was originally ordered for a specific individual who decided not to complete the purchase.

If there's anyone that can make the 650S CAN-AM look good it's you @hushypushy, unfortunately, it's got a face only a mother could love. I'm sure whomever buys it will get exactly what they wanted.
Thank you sir!

Opinions have been split on every aspect of this car...some people love it, some people hate it. I'm sure whoever buys it will love it and relish all of its special touches.

edit: The car was sold today! May the new owner enjoy it in good health and bright sunshine!

#11 ·
it has to be faster than a 650s simply due to the fact it is ALL Carbon Fiber so it is much lighter. I saw it on Wednesday. For those of you who want a limited edition this is perhaps one of the lowest production. For those of you who want something faster due to weight savings this should make a difference. For my taste, the red color and the gold tail pipes were a bit flashy, plus, the super series is supposed to be replaced next year so I feel it is better to wait since Everything improves, yet how long does one wait and miss out on all the fun... Today the auto to get is the 675LT spider or this CanAm, tomorrow it is the new super series, do you have one reserved already....
I was at McLaren SF yesterday, Mike told me I had one of the best MP4's made, I must admit, I already knew this but it felt good to hear it. I feel sooo fortunate to own this auto and get to enjoy it EVERYDAY...

#15 ·
why would anyone want to pay a premium for a special edition mclaren with no added power benefits... a Ferrari this car would have been sold in 2 seconds and appreciate. since its a mclaren it will sit on the lot, sell for way under msrp and depreciate bad

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.